Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Wild: Won it for MAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
They panned to him several times and each time he looked miserable on the bench. Wouldn't put a lot of stock into what Rossi says. Seems like a emo dude who tries to stir emo controversies that don’t exist and for a team that doesn't need the controversies.
I think he wanted to enjoy the visit and the crowd chanting had an effect. He knows he’s loved by the fans, but he wasn’t allowed to enjoy the game.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
So good to see Puustinen playing, and playing well.
Just makes me wonder what took Sully so long.

Good game by all. Much more buttoned up than what we saw on Sat, but we did take the foot off the gas in the 2nd.

Luv Ned overall :D.

I'll take "Things that will never happen for $500, Alex"
Can we say "things that we wish will happen"? I mean regardless of what I think of what we are, I still want to have hope.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Remember a couple years ago when I said Puustinen was our best prospect and better than Poulin and people acted like I was crazy? Well I do and I feel vindicated!
Can't really claim victory on that until Poulin is healthy and plays. I bet he becomes a solid middle six player who can play in any situation, on any line.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Just makes me wonder what took Sully so long.
Puustinen even now is not a complete player, and the NHL is not a development league (usually)...but in this case, the positives outweigh the negatives and it seems like it will make sense to see if he can play himself into becoming a complete player in the NHL rather than in the AHL.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Re the whole MAF thing, Rossi did an article -

Edit: Wasn't paying attention. Thought it was Russo, it's Rossi. Slightly different levels of credibility. That said, it does still ring true.

TLDR/no access - Rossi believes Flower didn't want it

That Flower didn't want to repeat the Montreal experience and doesn't particularly enjoy playing as the away goalie in Pittsburgh, where his numbers aren't great and he finds it weird going against Sid/Geno/Tanger

I get fans wishing otherwise, but I doubt Hynes did Flower dirty at all
I'm calling 100% BS on this.

He was amazing in MTL and talked about how special it was after the game. There is ZERO chance he was happy to not play last night.

I feel just as hopeless as the next person but they've won three of four. Granted, the one loss was a complete national-broadcast bludgeoning at the hands of the only Eastern competitor of the lot who happened to dump our current GM and make us feel like fools for even caring. But still. Three of four is.... not nothing.

If Sullivan misuses Puustinen from this point forward he must be fired. Depth has dropped right into his hands. He can't squander it now.
They're 3-1 in the last four, beating 3 bad teams and getting soaked by the only good one. They made up zero ground in the standings as well.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pretty funny that people are mad and think Hynes should have started Fleury for the poor little home fans lol. Yes start the sub 900. goalie for the feels.
Well he is starting the sub .900 goalie tonight against Bruins on the end of a back to back.
Might want to have reversed that call. duh

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Puustinen even now is not a complete player, and the NHL is not a development league (usually)...but in this case, the positives outweigh the negatives and it seems like it will make sense to see if he can play himself into becoming a complete player in the NHL rather than in the AHL.
Puustinen is 24 years old. It's now or never IMO.

That is subjective. There are many players that further develop in the NHL. It just depends on if you have better options or not, and if you can tolerate the occasional gaff.

The issue is most coaches prefer the safe 4/10, than take a risk and help a 7/10 develop, who may give you an occasional 2/10, and average out to a 6/10, while growing to a 7/10 or even 8/10.

Did I throw enough numbers out there? :hyper:

I'm not living or dying on Puustinen, but he fits well out there right now.

Reactions: Andy99

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Oh well. Hynes coaches the Wild, not the Penguins. He can start who he wants, the guy who gives them a much better chance at winning.
I don’t give two shits about maf, if this was their better chance at winning, maybe it’s time to pack it up.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I'm calling 100% BS on this.

He was amazing in MTL and talked about how special it was after the game. There is ZERO chance he was happy to not play last night.

They're 3-1 in the last four, beating 3 bad teams and getting soaked by the only good one. They made up zero ground in the standings as well.
Me wuvy flowa

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Can't really claim victory on that until Poulin is healthy and plays. I bet he becomes a solid middle six player who can play in any situation, on any line.
Fair enough. Poulin is about to turn 23 and has struggled to be productive in the AHL but I agree still early to write him off completely.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Why do we need complete players?

Reactions: Shady Machine

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Fancy-stats-wise it doesn't look like Rakell did too well. But I didn't watch the game. How did he do?
He was bad. I guess rust is to be expected, but meh.

Puu is the real real deal....hope he sticks. That L2 looked really good last night.

Let me recalculate these expected year end numbers..............yup......Harkins is now on pace for............(carry the 2)............ZERO points. But he is ALMOST up to averaging a single shot per game.

Is Z broken? His time is almost up.

DOC is so unskilled.....Hopefully he goes to L4 when (if) Poulin gets called up?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
For all we know, MAF could have asked to sit. We all know he was never that mentally strong here.

Puus playing well makes Sully look very foolish for taking this long to try him.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
For all we know, MAF could have asked to sit. We all know he was never that mentally strong here.

Puus playing well makes Sully look very foolish for taking this long to try him.
that and about 30 other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad