Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Wild | win | We score 6 and we win, it’s science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Or Zucker! :laugh: He had an off night last night, but who doesn't have an off night with Rust on the other wing this year?
Zucker Malkin Rust passed the eye test in the beginning of the season, even if they weren’t rewarded much they carried play and chances. More so than Zucker Malkin Rakell actually (the latter got rewarded however). I’m not worried about that line yet as long as Zuck is trucking like he is.
Just a PDO matter given the number of games they have been together.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
My god, the Wild PK must be really bad if Crosby and Letang scored (both for the first time since March, IIRC). And again one was a 5 on 3 and the other off the rush, the set-up for 5 on 4 which is the crucial part of a successful PP is still all kinds of suspect but baby steps. Maybe in half a year or so Sully will move Rust off the first unit... just in time for this to have no real effect.
I guess Crosby isn't that fond of Rust after all since he did all right with Rakell on his line. Now Geno's line was suffering but Rust wasn't quite as bad as in the previous games, so again, baby steps.
Winning despite allowing goals in bunches once again and Jarry doing his MAF 2012 playoffs impersonation feels nice. Having a good 4th line feels very nice too but McGinn cannot carry that third line on his own.
One of the refs was Chris Lee and of course at some point the let them play game randomly turned into a parade to the penalty box and dubious calls.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think it was a broken set play

Also

Buddy, we had well over a decade of far more room temp IQ plays from MAF.

Jarrys f*** ups are nothingburgers after that shit.

Every Jarry "losing" that one playoff series a few years ago isn't anything.

You have to think Petts (or whoever it was) told Jarry to ring it
If Jarry didn't get that notice, then he totally biffed

Reactions: BusinessGoose

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like the sound of Heinen-Carter-Rust. I know the thought of it scares Sullivan but on paper that's a balanced line.

Then we could give Guentzel-Crosby-McGinn a go.

McGinn has been sneakily producing. Sure some of his goals have been soft but the man is scoring. He's on track for 20G+ right now - if he stays healthy and in the top-9 and he should easily get that.
The hypothetical "he's on track for...." is rubbish.
Players get hot.
Players get cold.
Players get hurt.

He's five goals in 17 games. He'll most likely land in the 10-15 goals.

Reactions: Pens x

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
The hypothetical "he's on track for...." is rubbish.
Players get hot.
Players get cold.
Players get hurt.

He's five goals in 17 games. He'll most likely land in the 10-15 goals.
Wow, thanks for completely ignoring the "If he stays healthy" part of my post.

His shooting % is 19% right now. More than 5% better than any season he has ever finished with. It's time to give this guy some credit.

I'll stick with my 20G projection, thanks, especially with Rust trending down in the lineup and McGinn trending up. And in your own big brain words - players get hurt. He's literally a Jason Zucker injury away from top-6 minutes.

Reactions: LOGiK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Dom's model likes us for....reasons? I can only assume it has to do with our 5v5 analytics being solid. But the Rangers are also solid there and have Shesterkin, so I dunno why this model likes us more than them.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
How much does Dom, JFresh, EvolvingWild make per year in USD?
Not sure any make enough to quit their day jobs. But maybe. Jfresh I know relies on Patreon subscriptions. But how many of those he actually gets I have no idea. He posts a lot of free data and I imagine the large part of his followers rely on that.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Not sure any make enough to quit their day jobs. But maybe. Jfresh I know relies on Patreon subscriptions. But how many of those he actually gets I have no idea. He posts a lot of free data and I imagine the large part of his followers rely on that.
Oh, thanks, I just saw his Patreon numbers. It shows at the bottom of all of the tier options. Interesting. If they are accurate/he gets all of that money, he is doing pretty well.

Reactions: Pancakes

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Apparently like 9K a month according to Patreon lol. Who knows how much of that is taxed or taken by Patreon though.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Apparently like 9K a month according to Patreon lol. Who knows how much of that is taxed or taken by Patreon though.
That's interesting. I didn't realize he was doing that well. If he's clearing that then he definitely doesn't have to worry about anything lol.

I would have thought the number would be way lower but I guess there's more people interested in that stuff than I thought.

Reactions: PensandCaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad