Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Wild | win | We score 6 and we win, it’s science

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'd give ZMRust the road trip, but if Rust doesn't get out of this slump, he needs to move down with Carter. Zucker and Malkin had a couple moments between themselves, but Rust brought that line down.

Plus, the Carter line stinks. McGinn got a goal, but they had an xGF of 18%.

Might be worth scratching Heinen and playing Kapanen against Winnipeg.

And I have a lot of concerns about Jarry long-term.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Crosby has another 4 point night with Rakell.
Weren't 2 of those powerplay points, not with Rakell? And empty nets...bah, whatever.

The switch was badly needed, but I didn't see some mystical Rakell-Crosby chemistry. It was moreso that the staff sent the message that things weren't honky-dory with L1, and removed its worst player currently.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yea, eff this noise. It took him weeks and getting embarrassed by questions from DK’s minions to make adjustments so obvious HFposters could see them.

Wait to see how long until he puts things right back in place as soon as there’s some kind of perceived reason to. We are only a Rakell broken skate lace away from 3 more weeks of Rust dragging L1 down.
*shrug*. Not saying he should be lionized for it, but just happy that he will eventually make changes.

We've had coaches who won't/can't.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Weren't 2 of those powerplay points, not with Rakell? And empty nets...bah, whatever.

The switch was badly needed, but I didn't see some mystical Rakell-Crosby chemistry. It was moreso that the staff sent the message that things weren't honky-dory with L1, and removed its worst player currently.
Yea, but it's not a coincidence. Rust needs to be removed off top pp and then we'd be in business.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
This team won’t play to it’s offensive capabilities until Bryan Rust starts moving his legs. I think the dude has bought into his own hype and is playing like end-stage Mario out there. He needs to remember how he played to get those fat cheques in the first place.

Dumo again was outmuscled all over the ice. I don’t think that’s going to change until he’s out of the league tbh. But it doesn’t mean we have to send him for extra shifts to kill penalties. You’re just asking for trouble when you do that.

If this coach could just find it in himself to be honest about his own players abilities and level of play, I’m fairly confident we’d be a lot closer to the top of the division right now.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Honestly think if this team makes it to the playoffs they have the type of size that'll actually do something for once on the back end.

You can see Petry in these tight games. He f***ing rocks below the circles.
Blueger is getting jealous of your Petry slobber fest.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Zero passes given. He needed GCR to flame out that spectacularly to make the most obvious of changes, after such a long time of sucktitude and losses that it means nothing. Less so when he keeps the PP going the same. I don't care that it scored twice tonight. One was a 5 on 3 and the other a rush play. Says little to nothing about its overall design, and it is certainly not out of the woods by any means.
Not to mention, he'll probably go back to GCR next game if the 1st line goes a period without scoring anyway.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad