• Rully

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Talbot was awful yet I don't understand why they just didn't shoot from anywhere when they had the chance.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I can not seriously fathom blaming the refs or Desmith for this loss.
Nine penalties against a team that was one of the least penalized teams in the league entering the game? All four Ottawa goals came on the power play. It's hard to argue the refs didn't have at least somewhat of an impact.

Same with DeSmith. He's allowed to make that save in OT.

The PK stunk. The 5-on-5 play stunk except for Malkin's line. So there is plenty of blame to go around. But it's also fair to zero in on big situations and criticize players for not stepping up when they have an opportunity, and DeSmith repeatedly falls short.

Reactions: Andy99

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Fight negative waves with negative waves....
images

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm genuinely not sure if you're kidding or not. He has 15 goals, and I think most are of the net front variety

He's statistically been one of the best guys at goal scoring over the last few years.

Bruins just scored a goal Fredrick from Coyle ........that this Pens could never ever score..... in 100 games.

Good.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Nine penalties against a team that was one of the least penalized teams in the league entering the game? All four Ottawa goals came on the power play. It's hard to argue the refs didn't have at least somewhat of an impact.

The PK stunk. The 5-on-5 play stunk except for Malkin's line. So there is plenty of blame to go around. But it's also fair to zero in on big situations and criticize players for not stepping up when they have an opportunity, and DeSmith repeatedly falls short.
One can simultaneously believe the officiating was garbage (particularly the Rust and POJ calls) and also believe they played so poorly even getting one point was fortunate.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I guess we just sit here hoping the Isles continue to lose the Bruins…I mean it’s sad that our team sucks so much we have to hope the Metro competition chokes…we better have Petry, Poehling, Archi and Jarry ready to go for Friday lol
Archi no, but maybe the other 3

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

Our million dollar back up goalie is supposed to stop 5 goals when he's getting shelled night in and night out?

The refs stunk, but we lost the game because we had 10 shots at 5v5.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
One can simultaneously believe the officiating was garbage (particularly the Rust and POJ calls) and also believe they played so poorly even getting one point was fortunate.
Sure. The Penguins have problems and they are many. It's OK to zero in on one or two in a given game instead of just consistently saying the whole team sucks.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Meh, my energy is drained enough watching whatever it is they are doing every night I don't need to say anything. Time to go watch something.
Agreed. I usually keep the sound down and have the tablet open to read or doomscroll.
Gruden played 3:19. Carter 16:42. This team is doomed as long as the powers that be think this is logical ice time.
Thought you were exaggerating, but no. Just lol.

Reactions: 66-30-33

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pettersson deserves blame on that OT goal, too. Dude always backs off on the rush. What happened to stepping into a guy? Pettersson has a huge reach. Be a distraction rather than just a passive obstacle.
He's rubbish.
More than half the teams in the league wouldn't even dress him . Same with Ruhwedel.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pettersson deserves blame on that OT goal, too. Dude always backs off on the rush. What happened to stepping into a guy? Pettersson has a huge reach. Be a distraction rather than just a passive obstacle.
My favorite version of that tonight was when Dumo backed all the way into our own net almost and gave I think it was either Pinto or Norris a great rush chance. It was in the third too

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well at least the Isles lost…you know, it doesn’t even really matter…the Pens aren’t catching the Ranger or NJD for second or third in the division, so we’ll end up as Wild Card if we make the POs and have to play the Bruins or Canes…lol…just forfeit the series now, we aint winning…we are so better off just taking the rest of the season off and trying for a good top five placement in the draft lottery lol…sell off some assets and get more picks

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hung in there for a point. htat is the take away. Everything else needs to be addressed by Hextall. get the RD back and playing into the 9 day break, Then the fun starts.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well at least the Isles lost…you know, it doesn’t even really matter…the Pens aren’t catching the Ranger or NJD for second or third in the division, so we’ll end up as Wild Card if we make the POs and have to play the Bruins or Canes…lol…just forfeit the series now, we aint winning…we are so better off just taking the rest of the season off and trying for a good top five placement in the draft lottery lol…sell off some assets and get more picks

I like that we are playing the Bruins.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Our million dollar back up goalie is supposed to stop 5 goals when he's getting shelled night in and night out?

The refs stunk, but we lost the game because we had 10 shots at 5v5.
Yes. He's allowed to be above average for a night or two. Happens all the time in this league.

In fact, Dustin Tokarski did it to the Penguins literally last year. He stopped 45 of 46 shots while Jarry stopped 17 of 19 in a 2-1 Buffalo win.

Reactions: Dessloch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad