Post-Game Talk: Pens Vs Sens Game 3 OT Plus/Minus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I was about to dive through the screen to join the team. Man, I felt like I skated with them. Tough loss. I'm not blaming anyone for this.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

+ The Pens outplayed the Sens.

- Malkin's mistake cost them a win in regulation.

- Sid did not play all that well.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Why do the Hockey Gods hate us? What did we ever do to them?

-Glass, why was he ever in this game? Why? Why? What does he bring that Bennent could of brought?

- Am I the only one worried that Fleury will start game 4?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- The current second line has no ES points over three games so far.

Sigh.

Actually, the second line has one, with Kunitz on it. One in a period and a half wasn't enough, so Bylsma swapped Iginla and Kunitz. Apparently, zero from the new, improved first line in over four periods tonight was just fine. Too bad, wasting Malkin. The way he was going, Iggy and Neal were doing more to slow him down than the Senators.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Didn't see them all, but its hard to sweep a team. And really coming into it, none of us expected a sweep. We played great and is the players know that, then im not worried about the next games.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No... I thought it was Malkin's responsibility. Perhaps I was wrong.

Actually, it was everyone's. Martin chased way out of position. Letang just watched instead of noticing two Senators crashing the net. Malkin took the high guy instead of noticing that Letang was asleep.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Pens played a good solid playoff game tonight. Ran up against a hot goalie, and made the one big mistake to give up the tying goal.

+ 2009 playoffs Malkin
+ 2008 playoffs Orpik
+ Vokoun was outstanding but lost the Goali battle
+ Sutter in OT was money
+ Neal with the kind of aggressive game we have wanted
+ Douper was good
+ Martin with an outstanding all-around game

-Letang, Malkin, Kounitz on the shorthanded goal

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Actually, it was everyone's. Martin chased way out of position. Letang just watched instead of noticing two Senators crashing the net. Malkin took the high guy instead of noticing that Letang was asleep.

Fair enough. After Malkin played his butt off. Actually, other than that mistake, he really played well most of the game.

StoneColdFlower*

Well sorry that Geno's our second line centre and that Drizzt Do'urden has to settle for our imagination. Excuse me, Princess.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens played a good solid playoff game tonight. Ran up against a hot goalie, and made the one big mistake to give up the tying goal.

+ 2009 playoffs Malkin
+ 2008 playoffs Orpik
+ Vokoun was outstanding but lost the Goali battle
+ Sutter in OT was money
+ Neal with the kind of aggressive game we have wanted
+ Douper was good
+ Martin with an outstanding all-around game

-Letang, Malkin, Kounitz on the shorthanded goal

And Martin. No reason for the LD to be all the way high on the right boards.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
-----3rd period PP and everyone associated with it. Everything about it was mind-bogglingly bad and indefensible. Showed a complete lack of awareness. It's like they didn't know they had the puck behind their net with 40 seconds left and no pressure while leading by one.

One of the most sour loses I can remember.

STLPensFan

Jun 5, 2012
STL, MO
I'm so glad that Disco has so many different looks to his powerplay with situational options. Very effective today. :sarcasm:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Actually, the second line has one, with Kunitz on it. One in a period and a half wasn't enough, so Bylsma swapped Iginla and Kunitz. Apparently, zero from the new, improved first line in over four periods tonight was just fine. Too bad, wasting Malkin. The way he was going, Iggy and Neal were doing more to slow him down than the Senators.

This is what pissed me off. It took ONE period of Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla Kunitz-Malkin-Neal not working for Dan to change the lines. Over four, with his dream lines not working, he refuses to adjust.

Fire Shero*

Why did Glass play?

Sutter sucks

Neal was flying out there, Iggy and Kunitz were unnoticeable.

Vokoun played so well, fleury would have given up 5 goals before overtime.

Terrible way to lose, up 1 with 28 seconds left on the powe play. I hope the players have short term memories. Blew a great opportunity to sink Ottawa, now they are alive and kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad