Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sens |2-0 win| DeShutout: No 500 goal, talk about a snooze fest

Goal #500 will come:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Jack Edwards just mentioned this game during the Canes/Bruins broadcast... says the Pens barely beat the Sens and just squeaked by. So salty

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Great game by CDS. Hard to get the hate/energy factor up without any crowd there. Best third period they've played in a long time. Nice game from the D after the first 10 minutes or so, although Math/Ruh had a few rough moments. I'm not sure Z has an NHL future. He doesn't hurt you, but he's not generating offense, and most of what he generated last year, IIRC, came against a couple really horrid teams. Still a little early, but we'll see.

Glad to see MM playing with some confidence again.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Nice win. Kapanen want noticeable.

I like that we’re winning these close games. This is what the next couple of years is going to be like.

Thank you for post this thought.....

If you are correct and I would bet that you are right, it shows a clear disconnect between management and a large part of the fanbase (how large, i don't know)

Because winning ugly, only to get doink'd out of the playoffs on your can serves no purpose (hello Carter contract)

My preference would be to trade mostly everything with value, play youth, take chances on low risk/ high reward castoffs (Hi Nylander) and get back to building a championship team.

Everything else is a wasto of timo

Reactions: farscape1

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Two points is two points and that is good stuff in February. Dog days of the season and Pens grind to the playoffs. Now are they looking like legit contenders? Not right now but hopefully at some point the Pens are healthy and get into the mix. Sully has to know another first round exit is problematic with losing in year 4.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I hate looming milestone games, and I say that as someone at Geno's goal 400 game :laugh:

Still not playing as tight as they were when they started the heater, but Sens have also been playing pretty well of late, so credit to them.

Glad Jarrs got the night off. On to the next one.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Games aren't always pretty but this is a win we needed.....schedule gets tougher as the month moves on

+ Bruins board imploding
-Bruins imploding to Carolina

Reactions: Beau Knows

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
With Malkin coming back and Blueger out for a while yet, I think the Pens should make Carter into their shutdown center. Yeah, he scored tonight, but it might be a way to best optimize everyone and get a few other guys going. Heinen is responsible defensively and you can put ZAR with him, too.

It also sounds like O'Connor is close to returning, which would be even better.

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
McGinn-Malkin-Kapanen
ZAR-Carter-Heinen
O'Connor-Rodrigues-Zohorna
Ex: Simon, Boyle

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
OK game, started slow very good third...wish they generate more scoring chances outside of GCR. Sens played without two best players but still they are solid team and the way we kept pushing in third made me really happy...
I am worried about Letang, if he does not play like true No.1 we are in trouble, however he seems to be super lucky this year...ends up +1 with being on 8HDCA zero on...he was getting worked around the net, Dumo was saving his ass all night long...but all they can talk is his great jump and pass to JC....Hope this lasts...
Thought Matheson had really good game, other dman solid...
I thought Carter and his wingers had best game so far...played against Stutzle and Tkachuk and won...

when they skate it does not really matter who they play against...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
With Malkin coming back and Blueger out for a while yet, I think the Pens should make Carter into their shutdown center. Yeah, he scored tonight, but it might be a way to best optimize everyone and get a few other guys going. Heinen is responsible defensively and you can put ZAR with him, too.

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
McGinn-Malkin-Kapanen
ZAR-Carter-Heinen

hasn’t that effectively been his role when they had Malkin?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
McGinn-Malkin-Kapanen
ZAR-Carter-Heinen
I think I would keep JC with McGinn and Kappy, they looked like they are gaining momentum tonight..let Geno play with Zo and Heinen, and play Boyle Simon/ZAR and ERod
although, it will probably be
GCR
Heinen Geno Kappy
McGinn JC ERod
ZAR Boyle Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad