GDT: Pens vs Red Wings - 9/30/15: The Day Perron Gets His Shot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I really disagree. It's easy to forget all the dumb things Bylsma did.

Gotta disagree. MJ's been exactly the same brand and strength of stupid that Bylsma ever was. It's as if nothing changed.

At least twitter should be funny when this all blows up and the Pens have to look for positive things. Maybe they'll photoshop Kunitz as Superman.

I think, therefor I am.

Butcher the meaning like the Pens butcher everything.

Can't wait to see the veiled implication that Perron's got some kind of drug problem or something like that after we dump him for nothing of value.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Gotta disagree. MJ's been exactly the same brand and strength of stupid that Bylsma ever was. It's as if nothing changed.

Can't wait to see the veiled implication that Perron's got some kind of drug problem or something like that after we dump him for nothing of value.

well... i wouldn't say drug problem

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Your schtick is old bro. You try this whole passive aggressive attitude and do it poorly. You set yourself up and make it easy to embarrass you and counter any points you make pretty easily. Think things through more before clicking submit. Just a little tip.

Your coherent answer is quite easy to throw out, and if you thought this through before trying to sound clever, I wouldn't have to type this out:

The org didn't change much aside from JR. I pointed that out to you last spring when you were banging out excuses. You know, right before JR had whispers in his ear to move Despres. Did reality hit you then?

Kunitz was always getting that spot. Keep telling yourself there was ever a real competition there.

As for Adams, what did I say last summer, hmmm? He won't be scratched until he he breaks the iron man streak. If you didn't find that shameful... Well, bang out another excuse I guess.

I'm still waiting for an answer on my question. Don't dance around it.

Agreed 100%. Kunitz was always getting the top line spot, all he had to do was not look terrible during a fake competition. And Plotnikov was always getting that second line spot, he didn't even have any competition! Oh wait, he beat out Sheary for the spot, so both our main LW's earned their top 6 time "the hard way".

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I really admire the people who can develop amnesia every time a season ends and forget about the patterns and thought processes we've watched for the past decade.

In a vacuum, the Pens' preseason is fine and normal and all that. In context of how they've conducted business for the last 10 years, it's ****ing terrifying (as a fan).

Kunitz has been in three agreed upon trade proposals since the trade deadline.

The first was nixed because the front office thought they turned a corner
The second was nixed due to someone's NTC
The third was nixed because the Kessel trade went through

Since then, there's been little talk of moving him.

Lemme guess.

The West Coast trip...

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
IcedCapp;107417749 Kunitz has been in three agreed upon trade proposals since the trade deadline. [B said:
The first was nixed because the front office thought they turned a corner [/B]
The second was nixed due to someone's NTC
The third was nixed because the Kessel trade went through

Since then, there's been little talk of moving him.

Can you explain the bolded a little better? The front office thought who turned a corner? Kunitz, or the team? And what part of the season was this?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Yeah he is GETTING A LOOK, because of what he did 2 years ago. Which makes COMPLETE SENSE. Especially since he did it with Crosby and someone nowhere near as talented as Kessel. You know who else will also GET A LOOK? Perron, Dupuis, Plotnikov, maybe even others. If he rebounds great, if he doesn't you move on. Just like they did last year until the next guy (Perron, Spaling etc) was just as bad.

All I do is try to look at individual decision as they are. Individual decisions. I don't try to pin every inconsequential move as some organizational conspiracy. You know who looked foolish last year? The guy that said Mike Johnston was scared to scratch Craig Adams, because that last time I checked happened. The guy that said he was scared to demote Kunitz, because last time I checked it happened.

Here a question for you? What does 2009-2013 have anything to do with the people currently making decisions? I'll wait for a coherent answer.

Last I checked, This team is more talented that it was when Shero was fired and has a system in place to better use that talent since Bylsma was fired. Last I checked when healthy last year and had the players required to run the system this team was lights out.

Sweet Christ, in what world does that make complete sense???

A 36 year old who's clearly on the decline and has shown nothing but reverse progress is getting a chance because of something he did in the past?

The Kunitz demotion lasted a week.

Adams was scratched because they had too many forwards. He was literally left with no choice.

2009-2013 means there's a pattern. The guys making the decisions are still the same guys that thought Danniel Winnick and Ben Lovejoy would put them over the top. Think about that for a moment.

Later Dejan Yohe.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
ngl, I love how what Kunitz did two years ago is an acceptable reason for his spot, not doing it for two years is no reason to not put him there. What's Booth up to? It's only been a few years since he was good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad