| Pens vs Rangers | Loss | Yucky, lets just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Lol, we are literally back to the "Hextall has no plan!". In the literal sense.

Four days and three games ago, we were a cup favorite once again. 3 games in 4 days coming out with 3 of 6, and we regret every decision.

I'm very glad none of you are in control of my 401k portfolio.

To be fair, their is no control regarding your 401k portfolio, you'll see that very soon.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Actually Hextall has done a good job as to following wild west Jimmy. He is measured and that is OK with an team that is closer to leaving the highway to refuel. What I want is is new management to have a plan that is better than all in Shero and Mario and Ronny. This is not a roster that can win the east. Can they compete yes, but soft on D and sully's coaching is not a system that can beat teams that have size, speed and can bring a heavy game simply will wear down the Pens at some point. This thinking is why the Red wings are in year 5 of the rebuild. But with smart moves Pens can be good next year if they can junk sully or at least his system and get more grit, size and youth on the roster.

Trade Petts for picks/prospects. Dumo is sliding badly and move him at draft day. Keep the signings to cap commitments that make sense. I make an effort for Letang as he is the only RD that can play at a high level. Rust no way 7 million or even 6 million for 5. Let him walk. Malkin a significant drop as a 3 year AAV. Not that he is in decline, but not sure his availability will be there for the next 3 years. If the price is right, sign Rakell. He can be productive and is 28. Sign a better RD like Miller to play and if GMJR still wants Marino by all means do what it takes for a young RW like Garland or Boeser. Not sure Hextall discussed any extension with Rakell prior to the trade but if not he should have.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
flyers fan coming in peace, mario must had too much to drink or hit his head on something like what the heck was he thinking of bringing hextall in here? that shocked me, the man doesnt know talent if he saw it right in front of him, he ruined our team with no offensive talent what so ever, he's pretty much going to do the same thing to your team because it's pretty much of reflection of what's happening to us accept you are in the playoffs and we arent.
Hextall is garbage, he makes one good move a year and the fan base forgets about the other 364 days. The team needed a retool instead of doing the bare minimum over the last two seasons. People are excited about the Rakell trade partly because it means no more Simon or ZAR, but who signed those two turds in the first place? It’s not like he traded Rurherford’s mess, he willingly signed those two idiots.

Sleepy scares me because he will never fire Sully. The fact that he died on the Hakstol hill is scary. Sully is still the number one reason for our recent by playoff failures. You have a system that is built on speed and giving 110% for a team whose star players are in their mid to late 30s. The whole tired excuse doesn’t bode well for the playoffs where you will likely be playing every other night. Sully’s system is not conducive to this roster.

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

it’s scary when you agree at times with Madden…also, you know it’s a bad night (and next morning) when you come on here and Angrrus has showed up…lol

It's almost like Madden melded with my post on the first page

I've said it all year, they can only play one way, and when that one way isn't working for whatever the reason, you get what we had here tonight. They can't go to anything else. It either all comes together for this team or they really get dominated (lucky for them they have one of the best goalies this year)

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I'm curious if you pay the same level of attention when Le-dumb-tang or Mal-dumb-kin do the same thing over and over again in every game, huh?
I do, but they also are two of the only Penguins that actually contribute in the scoring department for the team.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
It's almost like Madden melded with my post on the first page

I've said it all year, they can only play one way, and when that one way isn't working for whatever the reason, you get what we had here tonight. They can't go to anything else. It either all comes together for this team or they really get dominated (lucky for them they have one of the best goalies this year)
This is why getting embarrassed by an opponent is good for them, especially a likely playoff opponent. If it happened again Tuesday it would be better off for us then too. They cannnot be so stubborn and just play their game all the time, it makes no sense. EVERY team adjusts.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
We’re 1-1-1 in our last 3. The absolute HORROR!

I can’t wait until more of the talking heads around here join in on the “we shouldn’t have traded ZAR or Simon” narrative.

Reactions: Icarium

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We’re 1-1-1 in our last 3. The absolute HORROR!

I can’t wait until more of the talking heads around here join in on the “we shouldn’t have traded ZAR or Simon” narrative.
They also have one of the best records in the EAST......

But understand what some are saying, they have had 3 horrible endings in a row, some think it's obvious that they'll be a 4th added very soon.

I wanted drastic change the last 2 offseasons, I got Brock Mcginn instead. That's not a compromise

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
They also have one of the best records in the EAST......

But understand what some are saying, they have had 3 horrible endings in a row, some think it's obvious that they'll be a 4th added very soon.

I wanted drastic change the last 2 offseasons, I got Brock Mcginn instead. That's not a compromise

The problem is that we compare Sleepy to post 2017 Rutherford. Pretty much every GM looks good compared that post 2017 JR. I just don’t think we’ve gone far enough for a retool. Last off-season was just lazy.

Reactions: tucson83

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Misses the game, thankfully.

Totally shocked that a) Sullivan has already reverted to GCR, b) the lines were thrown into disarray because Sullivan got up to his old hijinks, and c) we lost.

Dude can't help himself.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The problem is that we compare Sleepy to post 2017 Rutherford. Pretty much every GM looks good compared that post 2017 JR. I just don’t think we’ve gone far enough for a retool. Last off-season was just lazy.

JR pissed assets away, that's a fact. But JR was undercut by someone above that sided with Sully in power struggle. JR gave away a ton to make the pens tougher after the Caps series loss and his coach shat all over his decisions. The only thing we don't know is whether JR wanted to fire Sully or simply caved under the pressure from above.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Looks like the Pens are practicing today…I guess they didnt want to give them day off after they took a day off yesterday lol… should be interesting…

they could no longer be traded so they took the day off. time for the coach to bring up (and play) some kids to a game just to remind them their job is not safe.

Reactions: Andy99

dingo71

Apr 27, 2021
This team is full of useless excrement. And it starts with the "stars" = 87, 71 and 58. They've always been soft lazy idiots, and now on top of that they are old and washed out. Each one of them plays only 1 good game out of each 5. As a team, they can have a half-decent performance only vs tired and/or poorly motivated opponents. Anything even a bit more than that - and they fold and melt down.

I don't want them to make the playoffs, because they will fly out of the 1st round anyway, cook up some lame ass excuse and change nothing in the summer. I want them to fail as miserably as possible in the RS and start dismantling this country club with a joke of a "leadership" in the room and on the ice.

The rebuild should've started in 2018.

Dumb lazy idiots.
This could apply to any of your posts but especially this one

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why did we lose?

Drawing conclusions

1648310711554.png

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Misses the game, thankfully.

Totally shocked that a) Sullivan has already reverted to GCR, b) the lines were thrown into disarray because Sullivan got up to his old hijinks, and c) we lost.

Dude can't help himself.
Wrong

Malkin fell ill 2 hours before the game and was scratched. Non-Covid related.
He was intending to go with Rakell-Malkin-Rust, which he had in the line rushes.

With the way the team was skating and thinking out there, we would have lost with any combinations.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I hate sully and think he’s dog doo doo, but I have to commend him for breaking up GCR.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Wrong

Malkin fell ill 2 hours before the game and was scratched. Non-Covid related.
He was intending to go with Rakell-Malkin-Rust, which he had in the line rushes.

With the way the team was skating and thinking out there, we would have lost with any combinations.
Remind me, does Sullivan not have a history of maintaining lines when someone's out for the sake of chemistry/continuity? Why would it be different this time?

The proof will be in the pudding. Let's see if GCR is only used as a stopgap or if it becomes a regular thing again.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
This game leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I don't care about the three games in four nights; this was an important one. Beyond seeing a new glimpse into the team falling apart, this was from the likely executioner. I'm not confident against the Rangers at all.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Looks like the Pens are practicing today…I guess they didnt want to give them day off after they took a day off yesterday lol… should be interesting…

They need the practice more than they need a rest day.

The standard went to shit yesterday and they need a reminder of what that is.

Scratch f***ing Ruhwedel btw. He's lost whatever he had for 2/3 of the year. Petts had a way shorter leash.

This is why we have Friedman.

Reactions: TNT87 and Victor Z

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Remind me, does Sullivan not have a history of maintaining lines when someone's out for the sake of chemistry/continuity? Why would it be different this time?

The proof will be in the pudding. Let's see if GCR is only used as a stopgap or if it becomes a regular thing again.
GCR has heavily outscored the opponent this year. It's not the same as last season. You guys complain about them too much.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Do some posters not know there's a multi-post button? I had to read an entire page of posts on here from one person bitching about the players in a dozen separate posts in a row.

Reactions: Hockeygod66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad