Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Preds - Meeh?

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Pens put on a clinic.

Evil_Morehouse.gif

Thus spoke Morehouse and Steigy his faithful minion.

---- The fans who think this was a clinic, or commanding game by the Pens.
+ Some improvement on MAF. He wasn't belly flopping. Only making lots of juicy rebounds
+NSH can't score thankfully.

+Malkin!! Take that MAdden. YUO MAD, buddy?!
+Duper
+Martin/Ehrhoff
=+ Adams, best game of the season for him.

---Scuderi, Kunitz - simply abbhorent

------Letang. Still not the PPQB.

penguins2946*

Maatta is amazing. Crosby is good. Horny and Spaling looked much more pumped up to play their former teams than Neal did. Letang sucks. I didn't notice much of Ehrhoff or Martin tonight, which is probably a good thing.

That's about it.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Good game all around.

+The stars (Crosby, Malkin, Maatta, Letang)
+Fleury
+the D

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Liked Comeau and Dupuis. That's a recurring trend.

Sid and Geno were both up and down. One shift they'd move their feet and pick up assignments, next shift, looping circles and glacial changes. Better than last game though.

Scuds and Kunitz were both abominable.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
- MAF, I didn't like his performance tonight, looked shaky back there.

The sad thing, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. In any case, shutout for MAF. This postgame thread should be full of totally civil, rational, respectful conversation.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I didn't see any fewer chances that developed and would've led to goals or that could've developed if the Preds weren't an offensively challenged team.

There's just a complete lack of cohesion out there. The Pens scored 1 ES goal tonight and really didn't do much to threaten Rinne.

Even the PP was unimpressive. Don't confuse one good play and one good bounce with a suddenly cured PP. In fact, each PP goal was scored on the first shot of the PP, so if anything, leaving the stats out of it, the PP has regressed significantly.

Michael8771*

I THought our puck support was much better as was our attention to detail. Kunitz made a few bonehead plays, but beyond that not much to complain about.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Oh wow, this thread just started and is already in the tank with crap posts.

I'm out, deleting this thread/ignore, it's just going to get worse.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am told in one large circle that Letang is a PP QB and that Malkin is unhappy. For some reason, I am far more inclined to believe the latter, and it has nothing to do with Malkin.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They didn't piss me off and they built on, in a good way, the cluster**** that was the last two games. Letang needs to get off the god damn PP and Maatta is the future and the present. Crosby got 3 points, not 4 so he's ****ed in the long run, but 3 is nice.

I really question their conditioning, physical and mental.

penguins2946*

There's nothing Letang can do that Ehrhoff, Martin and Maatta can't do. They really need to be shopping him for a winger.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will just make a generic post here...I didn't really see anything I loved and I didn't see much I hated. Here is what I noticed:

My biggest minus is this team's desperation. It's not there. They got embarrassed in back-to-back games and I don't feel they came out w/ that memory eating them alive. This team just has no passion/soul and I don't get it. A few guys like Hornqvist, Comeau, Dupers, and Downie play as if they want to make a stand, but the rest are kind of okay either way. It's something that has to change.

- Sloppy passing w/ bad chemistry and poor support in breakouts
- Poor d-zone but Nashville couldn't finish (their fans say its their big problem)
- Desperation: Still not there. Really shocking. Like I said in the GDT I can only name like 4-5 players who actually play w/ heart. That's not good.

+ Fleury shutout: Just gain that confidence. Hopefully that can gain the confidence of the d-zone too. However.. there were a **** ton of chances for Nashville. They just lacked finish. Our d-zone still blows.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
+Määttä - Most consistent defender these days
+Dupuis - Keeps on scoring
+Comeau - Not great in the top 6 but a perfect bottom 6 player
+Jokinen's haircut

=Fleury - a shutout is a shutout

-Letang - Just get him off the PP, Määttä or Ehrhoff would be much better on the first unit
-Scuderi
-Sill - Needs to make better decisions with the puck in the few chances he gets with it

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I can't believe that our forwards remained in the defensive zone while the puck was in the defensive zone. It's been years since I've seen that from a Pens team.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They didn't piss me off and they built on, in a good way, the cluster**** that was the last two games. Letang needs to get off the god damn PP and Maatta is the future and the present. Crosby got 3 points, not 4 so he's ****ed in the long run, but 3 is nice.

I really question their conditioning, physical and mental.

Mental more than physical. There's just no passion out there. Collectively, they're playing like they're going through the motions.

EDIT: Cole is right. JR needs to make a move, and it can't just be a small one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad