Pens vs Oilers Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
So now that both these series are wrapped up, is anyone else looking forward to a potential Oilers/Pens final? These teams made the Caps and Ducks look pretty average and are on another level.

-Speed vs Speed
-Crosby vs McDavid
-Two elite goalies who are in the zone

Who else is excited for this potential matchup?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I thought everyone was saying Ducks have outplayed Oilers big time but Oilers still winning? only seen 1 period of that series. Like Caps have outplayed Pens and Pens still winning.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
100% respect to the Oilers who will be a cup contender for 10+ years but to me this is a 4 or 5 game series for a back to back Pens title. I don't think any West team has a chance unless Ottawa pulls off the ultimate upset.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
I thought everyone was saying Ducks have outplayed Oilers big time but Oilers still winning? only seen 1 period of that series. Like Caps have outplayed Pens and Pens still winning.

Game one the Oil had every right to win, game two not so much. Cam Talbot is exactly what the Flames need.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
So now that both these series are wrapped up, is anyone else looking forward to a potential Oilers/Pens final? These teams made the Caps and Ducks look pretty average and are on another level.

-Speed vs Speed
-Crosby vs McDavid

Did I fall asleep for a week?

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Now I have to make a Caps vs. Ducks Cup Final thread to counteract this. :sarcasm:

Sorry, it's not that easy to reverse-jinx. You need to say ten "Hail Bettman"s, eat an In-N-Out burger, and wear a Ducks sweater to your next home game. ;)

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It would be a fun series involving 2 of the best players in the game but we still got the 2nd round and conference finals to get through 1st.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Game one the Oil had every right to win, game two not so much. Cam Talbot is exactly what the Flames need.

I agree. The Flames were let down by the goal tending and when your goalie is not up to par it is hard to win any game. Elliot reminded me of Dubnyk when he played in Edmonton...always good for one or two soft goals a game.

The Ducks/Oilers series is far from over though and it could easily go 7 games.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
The real question is now that the Pens have finished off the back-to-back, who from the west will the Pens likely be facing in their shot at a three-peat?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Would be a fun series but pens offense is too much for Edmonton to handle at this time imo. Pens were ravaged with injuries but still finished #1 in GF comfortably, and has been beating up on the #1 and #2 defensive teams in the league so far in the playoffs. I could see Edmonton losing this year but coming back next year to beat them. Kinda like what Pittsburgh did to Detroit in 2008-09.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Oilers gave the Pens a world of trouble in the regular season, if im not mistaken it took a last minute goal by Sheary to beat the Oilers at home, and then in Edmonton the game went to SO.

Of course, Pens won both games, but i'd expect it to be a relatively close series.

If we think back to last year to Tampa-Pittsburgh series, that went to 7 games despite Pens outplaying Tampa majority of the time. Tampa had the ability to win games that they shouldn't and score timely goals. Just like the Oilers can.

Pens having the home advantage makes it a no-brainer for me to go for the Pens, but wouldn't be surprised to see the Oilers winning at least 2 games

Oilers have also shown a solid ability to rebound. Maybe the Pens dominate one game and win it 5-1, and then the Oilers bounce back and win 2-1 with Talbot standing on his head when nobody expects it.

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
I'd rather have a Nashville Pittsburgh finals so I won't be upset no matter who wins it all. :)

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol
Not even close. Too early. The oilers need to make it out of the west and they by no means have that in the bag yet. I would agree with the Pens having a legit shot to go to the finals but not the Oilers at this point.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
thaman8765678;131664359[B said:
]So now that both these series are wrapped up,[/B] is anyone else looking forward to a potential Oilers/Pens final? These teams made the Caps and Ducks look pretty average and are on another level.

-Speed vs Speed
-Crosby vs McDavid

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad