PENS vs Montreal Canadiens Round 1 (Best Of Five)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Reading also concerns Kris Letang.

Cross posting but:

Three week training camp means the “playoffs” start August 1st at earliest.

Oh for **** sake.
This is just ridiculous already. Outside of attention from media and fans about the league... resuming straight into the playoffs after 5 months off is just ****ing ridiculous and it's downright idiotic. Anyone who supports a 2019-2020 post season after a 5 month layoff is not very bright (players and owners and whoever else). This is beyond the asterisks next to the season... it's at about 4 or 5 asterisks.
Just cancel the damn thing.

I think it's all just a ploy to keep the league in the fans mind. Nothing more. If the league disappears out of the publics mind for so long it loses popularity and in turn viewership and product sales... etc etc etc...

Again... if they even play a full NEXT season, I'd be surprised.

I'm done even paying attention to the NHL as of today. Screw this 'months away' stuff. I went from being sort of excited to flat out not caring again as soon as I read the 8 week thing.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I think this whole thing is a terrible idea. I also suspect it won't actually happen. As soon as people involved in it (not just players but any of the many people involved in putting this on) start testing positive it is going to fall apart.

That's what I fear too. It will explode in a locker room.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
are you saying Letang will sign with the Habs? With his style of play he'll get crusified in no time in Montreal

- He is French Canadian
- He is very good on social media and his son is now a meme.
- He is spectacular

Oh, they will love him to death and probably make me dislike him with how much they would overrate him. They loved Subban and bad Subban was 10x worse than bad Letang.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
- He is French Canadian
- He is very good on social media and his son is now a meme.
- He is spectacular

Oh, they will love him to death and probably make me dislike him with how much they would overrate him. They loved Subban and bad Subban was 10x worse than bad Letang.
but no other top d-man makes mistakes like Letang does!

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Frankly I'm just going to assume they'll end up canceling the season at some point. If we actually get some more hockey, then great, I guess, but it seems like this entire "return to play" scheme is being held together with popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue. If there's one outbreak of covid at any of the team's training facilities, the whole thing will immediately be over.

On top of that, the entire spectacle of a postseason tournament played out in empty arenas in the late summer is just bizarre to think about. I don't think it would really feel like watching the NHL even if the players and teams are the same.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah that's what I figured, the only thing I wasn't sure on was whether they'd do Guentzel-Crosby-Zucker or push Zucker to the 2nd line.

I never have understood where the "Zucker on RW" idea started or gained traction around here, but I'm relieved it's not really being entertained.

It puts our 2nd most established scoring winger out of position and makes the Sheary trade even less sensible.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am still trying to grapple with how they are going to handle social distancing and play the games.

No hitting? If so we should have kept Kessel.

If there is hitting, checking, holding, etc. and a player gets the virus and dies, is the league liable?

The same applies to the NFL. NBA, MLB, etc.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I never have understood where the "Zucker on RW" idea started or gained traction around here, but I'm relieved it's not really being entertained.

It puts our 2nd most established scoring winger out of position and makes the Sheary trade even less sensible.

Aren't you one of the people who sung the praises of McCann with Crosby which put Guentzel on his off wing?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Aren't you one of the people who sung the praises of McCann with Crosby which put Guentzel on his off wing?

In the regular season when they had time to build chemistry, and Guentzel proved effective on RW in a limited sample.

Not jumping in cold to a 3 game elimination playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad