Votes: 4 8.3%
  • CDS win

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
and how tf did Rakell not get an assist on Carter's goal?
1677468487906.png

Hard to show with a picture, but you're right. Good call. The puck's on Rakell's stick there, right before it gets squeezed out to Letang, who gets it to Carter.

They should fix this. Sometimes they do that in post-game.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I’m sure lazy ass Hextall thinks all is well now.

Great game today. It’s a shame the front office did so poorly this past off-season - we could have had a good team still.
We have a good time, just a matter if we play like it or not. And with todays prices, I dont want Hex going after a significant piece, or even a depth piece for that matter.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We have a good time, just a matter if we play like it or not. And with todays prices, I dont want Hex going after a significant piece, or even a depth piece for that matter.
I agree that Tampa was bent over. I also like how every year people are surprised by the prices at the deadline.

All the more reasons to not botch the off season.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Awesome win yet I can't help but wondering what the hell Tampa was doing in that second period. Case in point - leaving both Sid and Jake all alone right next to the net on the penalty kill right after the goalie gifted us the puck, which allowed us to score a highlight reel goal. But with this Geno and fourth line which, gasp, can score, we are a different team. It's like they saw my post of yesterday in which I said they hadn't beaten a playoff team by more than one goal since forever and decided to put on a show. :)

It's very nice that the Pens still have it in them to have games like that but they do make you wonder what might have been if they didn't also have a penchant for shooting themselves in the foot so often. It goes to show that you can't stop playing defense in this league even against the Blueger and Carters because you may well get burned like that. Of course, Tampa can afford it (in the regular season at least), the Pens not so much.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Were there any “Fire Hextall” chants again??
Just because we won 2 games, doesn't mean Hextall shouldn't be fired. I'm glad we got the 2 points, in a decisive victory.

That Geno goal, him coming out of the penalty box felt soooo good :).

I feel happy for Blueger, as honestly, even though we should trade him, hoping this helps him get out of his funk.

Carter...well...still Carter :\.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Just because we won 2 games, doesn't mean Hextall shouldn't be fired. I'm glad we got the 2 points, in a decisive victory.

That Geno goal, him coming out of the penalty box felt soooo good :).

I feel happy for Blueger, as honestly, even though we should trade him, hoping this helps him get out of his funk.

Carter...well...still Carter :\.

When your best move this year has been to find a bigger idiot than you to pick up a terrible contract you just signed, that does not justify keeping your job. End of the day, if they miss the playoffs or get crushed in the first round, then that's definitely the last straw. We don't need another offseason of desperately trying to keep together a team that can't win a round in the playoffs.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
When your best move this year has been to find a bigger idiot than you to pick up a terrible contract you just signed, that does not justify keeping your job. End of the day, if they miss the playoffs or get crushed in the first round, then that's definitely the last straw. We don't need another offseason of desperately trying to keep together a team that can't win a round in the playoffs.
Interesting enough, if I was in STB's shoes, I may consider taking a risk on a 26 year old with "potential" for a year. I don't Kap is honestly cooked, just didn't work for us.

I don't know their cap space situation and future plans though. Also what stops them from putting Kap back on waivers? Sometimes I feel we Pens fan like to believe our players are all garbage, or worth gold.

But yeah, getting someone else to take your guy off of waivers doesn't absolve Hextall of blame.

As for buying/selling...
We made that decision last year by resigning Malkin/Letang/Rust, and yeah, it was the right (sentimental?) choice. I don't think we can sell, and retool quickly enough in the off season to really make a difference next season. That was something we should/could have done 3 years ago.

I don't think we can retool over the next 2 years either.

Let's be realistic, Crosby/Malkin are done in 2 years. That's whatever window we believe we have (or do not have), ultimately that's the end game IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad