DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
5 straight losses on the 2nd of b2b games this season

Reactions: Andy99

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
i know +/- is a trash stat, but Heinen has been a plus player exactly one time since 10/24.

Just a shit game from start to finish, but the PK continues to thrive. Now if only we could get a goal every once in a while from our PP.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s hilarious Rakell hasn’t touched the 1st PP and Rust or Heinen keeps getting top nine minutes and Kapanen rides the line.

No euro bias though huh?

Bryan Rust is living proof Sullivan plays favorites with Americans over Europeans. Rust has literally been the worst forward on the Pens for the majority of the last 15 games and continues to get prime ice time.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It’s hilarious Rakell hasn’t touched the 1st PP and Rust or Heinen keeps getting top nine minutes and Kapanen rides the line.

No euro bias though huh?
It's just as stupid Zucker hasn't been given a look on the top unit since he's been here. He feasted in front of the net on Minny's PP. PP1 is just so good they don't need that, I guess.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bryan Rust is a -12 on the season.

The next closest forward to him is Kapanen at -3, and that's earned Kapanen a dozen games as a healthy scratch.

Rust is utter shit right now and Sullivan's rewarding him for being utter shit.
Sullivan could be a good coach again......for another team.
He is, I hate to say ..... no longer useful in Pittsburg.
It happens. Long over due in this case.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
5 straight losses on the 2nd of b2b games this season
I thought we beat Chicago in the back-to-back after winning in Winnipeg? Nonetheless you make a valid point. We do very poorly on the 2nd of back to back.

Game shows how far away the Pens are. It's absolutely laughable that we continue to throw this PP out there when it's literally 0 for 50. It's hard to fathom.
I viewed us as a Fringe playoff team at best, tonight's result reinforces with that. They had a nice run, but then when they run into a good team, a younger and quicker team with lots of skill the result like tonight there's no real surprise.

Pens PP is soff.
Very stale and unremarkable!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Terrible effort, nothing more to add!!!!
There's something that I think a lot of us here need to get used to. Maybe we're really just not that good anymore. While our structures been better of late, and our Gap has been much better! We're not explosive anymore, we have skill, but we're not the most skilled. We're middle of the pack at best. And were the oldest team in the National Hockey league. Everyone needs to really lower their expectations. This is the beginning of the end. We might squeak into the playoffs, but honestly for the long run that might not be the best thing. Mediocrity is not where you want to be. Be real good or be real bad!

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
So the keyboard experts are blaming rust and Sullivan.

I blame the forecheck at least as far as offense (which is the only thing that matters here).

Secondly the stars making too many passes.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wish there were 'SOFF' at least that would be something... I don't think anyone can explain what they are trying to do.

We don't really have a set plan. Most PP's, the entire point is for the playmakers to move the puck around to find that open triggerman to shoot. We just randomly pass the puck around without any actual "end goal".

Also, doesn't help that Letang's terrible at running the point. He's either double clutching, shooting into shin pads, or making high risk, telegraphed passes. He couldn't do any worse if he literally yelled out what he was about to do just to let the PK know what's coming.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wish there were 'SOFF' at least that would be something... I don't think anyone can explain what they are trying to do.

It’s wild how bad this team looks when they are bad. Honestly makes no sense. We have a bunch of players that should easily put up points. We are going to turn Jeff Petry into a 20 pt defenseman.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It’s wild how bad this team looks when they are bad. Honestly makes no sense. We have a bunch of players that should easily put up points. We are going to turn Jeff Petry into a 20 pt defenseman.
He's on pace for 33. Same P/GP as Matheson last year essentially. I'm fairly happy with him from an offensive standpoint.
Didn't set my expectations too high, since he's 35 in December. Mostly cared about him being reliable defensively. There's definitely been decently sized stretches where he fits into the system nicely and helps our structure.
He's been better than Letang both offensively and defensively, which I did not expect at all.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. When they decide to show up, they look really good. But when they don't, they REALLY mail it in.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. When they decide to show up, they look really good. But when they don't, they REALLY mail it in.
These back-ends of B2B's are a big problem with this old team, especially when they play someone good. The only win they got out of the 6 tries was against a bottom feeder, in which they needed a Crosby tally with 4 mins left.
Unfortunately there's 9 more to go this season.

It's not just that they lose them. They get dominated.

Reactions: Andy99

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Rust should be traded for the smple reason that Sully can't play him on the top pp anymore then.
He's been the worst forward this season and has faced zero consequences. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. Rakell gets 0 pp time even though he's been one of the better forwards. let me make a prediction that the pp will get better if Rakell replaces Rust. Enough games have been played for there to be any excuses....

Last edited:
Reactions: wizmet12

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Heinen has 3 assists in his last 17 games and is -7.

But he's a Sully bitch so he gets games.

What did he say?
Probably some generic bullshit. Sid has no sack. Wtf is he gonna say? He gets pandered to non stop. You think he has the bollocks to say this coach has no idea?

Reactions: Victor Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad