GDT: | Pens vs Knights | Dec 1 1900hrs | MAF is gone, Knights can suck it

Letang:

• Get better soon!

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Get better and retire!

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Is it too soon to talk about LTIRetirement? (also get better soon)

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
d80b92a554925bc2fa2275438d8b0f0c.gif

vs

kevin-wearing-tin-foil-hat-thumbs-up-i47i4n15hc90n8ui.gif

Vegas Golden Knights (13-4-0, first in the Pacific Division)
vs.
Pittsburgh Penguins (6-7-3, fourth in the Metropolitan Division)

Pittsburgh; Thursday, 7 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE:
The Vegas Golden Knights visit the Pittsburgh Penguins after the Golden Knights took down the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 in a shootout.

Pittsburgh is 6-7-3 overall and 4-3-2 in home games. The Penguins have gone 10-2-2 when scoring at least three goals.

Vegas has a 10-1-1 record in road games and a 13-4-0 record overall. The Golden Knights have gone 14-0-1 in games they score at least three goals.

The teams match up Thursday for the third time this season. The Penguins won the last matchup 5-2.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Evgeni Malkin has eight goals and 12 assists for the Penguins.
Sidney Crosby has six goals and 10 assists over the past 10 games.

Mark Stone has scored nine goals with nine assists for the Golden Knights.
Jack Eichel has five goals and six assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES:
Penguins: 6-2-2, averaging 3.2 goals, 5.7 assists, 3.3 penalties and 7.7 penalty minutes while giving up 2.7 goals per game.

Golden Knights: 5-4-1, averaging 3.2 goals, 5.3 assists, 3.1 penalties and 7.1 penalty minutes while giving up 3.1 goals per game.

Win it for Letang!

tumblr_n3xt2pccoo1sizpq5o2_500.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
We have a serious lack of volunteers for GDTs this month. Please sign up and help out.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I think this thread is a good place for someone to explain what "Sullivans" power play tactics are and why it is an offense that should result him being fired.

• Haha
Reactions: Pancakes

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Here's how I'd fix the power play or at least change for a jumpstart.

Have Sid work it from behind the net. Sure it makes it a 4 on 4 up top but the defenders would have a hard time watching the point men sneak in from behind them while they also protect the net from a Sid wrap around. Or michigan it. I don't care.

#99's office. Its been done before.

Particularly during power play situations, Wayne Gretzky would often take the puck behind the opponent's net, an area that has come to be known as "Gretzky's Office," and wait for a passing opportunity.

"Once he's there," said Hartford Whalers goalie Mike Liut, "your mind is on the guy he's going to pass to, but you can't take your eyes off Wayne."

Indeed, Liut learned his lesson in a memorable manner, when Gretzky flipped the puck up over the back of the net, bouncing it off Liut's neck and into the goal.

* As a youngster, Gretzky spent hours studying the dynamics of the game: "I would sit down in front of the TV with a pen and I'd watch the puck on TV and I'd follow the puck for the whole period... At the end of the period, you would see heavy lines in one certain area, or maybe on one end if a team is dominating." Read More: Anecdotage

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Put Geno on the half wall instead of Sid and let him QB it from there

It is not clear to me this response. You want Geno on the halfwall or his that what Sullivan wants?

If Geno on the half wall has worked in the past but its not working now...isn't that on our favorite player? I mean we resigned him based on his power play efforts last year. Certainly it wasn't his 5 on 5 play where he made his linemates worse.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
It is not clear to me this response. You want Geno on the halfwall or his that what Sullivan wants?

If Geno on the half wall has worked in the past but its not working now...isn't that on our favorite player? I mean we resigned him based on his power play efforts last year. Certainly it wasn't his 5 on 5 play where he made his linemates worse.

I'm saying that Sid is too tenative to QB the PP from that spot. You need a decisive person and Sid isn't bringing that. When Sid has been out, the PP has functioned fine with Malkin directly replacing him

And GTFO with that "favorite player" crap. Your other comments are asinine

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hmm..... Pens looked pretty much boring borderline flat out awful last game... I'm going to ride that momentum into saying this one is a loss.

Usually, inside I always hope they win, but figure on them losing.... now.... who cares.
Here's to Rust with 20:00toi :xcheers:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I was hoping now that we're finally getting back on home ice that we'd start winning a lot. Unfortunately we're already 0-1-1 on this homestand.

Gotta be better. We're usually an elite home team.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was hoping now that we're finally getting back on home ice that we'd start winning a lot. Unfortunately we're already 0-1-1 on this homestand.

Gotta be better. We're usually an elite home team.
We’re 4-5 at home so far and the Knights are 10-2 on the road…hmmm…not very good for us…we have to play a Winnipeg type game here and win it like 2-1 to have any chance…we’re missing a lot of transition from the D zone without Letang…I don’t think we have the D personnel to transition the puck successfully thru the NZ against most good teams so the forwards are probably going to have to play way back…I’m looking at you Rusty and your love of staying up high, doing no work and hoping for a rush chance lol…

gonna have to say, if the Vegas goalies hold up, this is a loss for the Pens…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We’re 4-5 at home so far and the Knights are 10-2 on the road…hmmm…not very good for us…we have to play a Winnipeg type game here and win it like 2-1 to have any chance…we’re missing a lot of transition from the D zone without Letang…I don’t think we have the D personnel to transition the puck successfully thru the NZ against most good teams so the forwards are probably going to have to play way back…I’m looking at you Rusty and your love of staying up high, doing no work and hoping for a rush chance lol…

gonna have to say, if the Vegas goalies hold up, this is a loss for the Pens…

Andy predicting a loss? No!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

looks like Heinen out again…and someone please tell Geno that every time he takes a morning skate he fails to put up points in that game, so he may want to reconsider that practice lol…

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017

looks like Heinen out again…and someone please tell Geno that every time he takes a morning skate he fails to put up points in that game, so he may want to reconsider that practice lol…

Give Geno the captaincy, shows up to every optional skate.

Reactions: Andy99

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I suppose there were people who thought Vegas was in serious trouble when Lehner went out long term.

They've got a damn good team, and are able to get by with 2 middle-aged, basically AHL-level non-prospects in net. One of whom has a good chance of holding us to 1 or 2 goals tonight.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Is he injured or scratched?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yikes folks…you know what this means, just as happened in the CAR game lol…he’s also been better than Jarry this season…

• Rookie goaltender Logan Thompson is expected to start for the Golden Knights. In 16 games this season, Thompson has a 12-4-0 record, a 2.44 goals against average, a .921 save percentage and two shutouts. He has never faced the Penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad