Status
Not open for further replies.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
TaylorHaase.jpg

Taylor Haase​

9:56 PM - APRIL 17, 2024
Fenway’s Tom Werner is here.

He was probably there to extend Sullivan.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Even if you're Dubas and you decide to lay the PP at Reirden's feet you've still got the issues of poor defensive structure, inability to hold leads, and pisspoor finishing.

Maybe replacing Todd Reirden fixes the PP to a degree but does that even matter if the other issues still persist (and they will as long as Sully is here)?

For me it's all or nothing. Either you replace this entire coaching staff or the absolute ceiling for this team next year is a first round exit.
For the record, I'm on board with changing the entire staff. New ideas, new voices.

But, there are theories that providing a respected leader/manager/coach with a new team, one that challenges them to expand their way of thinking, can be just as effective. You see it in business sometimes, when you have someone who is an effective manager of people but struggles with other aspects of managing a department.

I think stronger voices with personalities where they aren't afraid to push their own ideas - a Tocchet type, for example - would benefit Sullivan. Even if that's not in Pittsburgh, I think he would need those kinds of assistants at wherever his next stop is as a coach.

If Dubas is determined to keep Sullivan, hopefully it's with some new voices around him. If they run it back with the same staff, it'll be a huge miss.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Dubas, Spezza, Werner, Kevin Acklin (CEO of business side), and Dave Beeston from FSG were all there, according to Dejan and Taylor.

Of note, Beeston and Acklin were in Columbus for the final game last year. Hextall and Burke were fired the next day, and Beeston and Acklin were the ones to do the press conference afterwards.

Tomorrow might be moving day for a few people. Not sure if it'll be Sullivan, but something to monitor.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Dubas, Spezza, Werner, Kevin Acklin (CEO of business side), and Dave Beeston from FSG were all there, according to Dejan and Taylor.

Of note, Beeston and Acklin were in Columbus for the final game last year. Hextall and Burke were fired the next day, and Beeston and Acklin were the ones to do the press conference afterwards.

Tomorrow might be moving day for a few people. Not sure if it'll be Sullivan, but something to monitor.
YARN | Damn the man! Save the Empire! | Empire Records (1995) | Video clips  by quotes | 5c5c1249 | 紗

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

I think Dubas stays on in his president role, but gets relieved of his GM self appointment

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It says that Sully played his favorite. TJ is the better goalie and always will be. It'll be fun to see him have a great season on a new team next year and Ned f***ing blow for the Pens.

Christ, the love this fanbase will give to any mediocre guy who isn't the starter is f***ing amazing.
TJ has never been good. He has 2 playoff wins in his career. His backups have put up similar numbers to him consistently.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
As far as I can tell Sullivan saw the exact same thing with Jarry that I did - he gave up. Dude had no will to battle, no dog in him, nothin. So he went with Ned until the end of the year because even when Ned sucks (and he's not really anything special) he battles and shows emotion. I really hope there's a team out there who thinks he's their solution.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Also the fact that I can't remember a single instance of Jarry getting mad at himself yet I distinctly remember him staring down Malkin on a goal says it all. Guy can't handle the gig without pretending that everything is fine no matter what. If we're choosing between headcases give me the guy like Fleury who has to calm himself down after every goal than a guy who you aren't sure actually cares if he wins or not even when he gives up the most back-breaking goals.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Also the fact that I can't remember a single instance of Jarry getting mad at himself yet I distinctly remember him staring down Malkin on a goal says it all. Guy can't handle the gig without pretending that everything is fine no matter what. If we're choosing between headcases give me the guy like Fleury who has to calm himself down after every goal than a guy who you aren't sure actually cares if he wins or not even when he gives up the most back-breaking goals.
He was pulled off right after the stare and has not been in the goal since...Coincidence? maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad