GDT: Pens vs Islanders: Post Christmas start up

Who will be most important for the 2nd half playoff push:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
How hard must it be for Harkins and Carter to look as bad as they do in a game like this?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Ask @DesertedPenguin he’s the one who lectured me about Puusy being a non-NHL prospect. Everyone who isn’t a homer knows it.
Pretty sure I said that Puustinen's only fit is in a scoring role with significant offensive zone starts, not as a bottom six player in a defensive role. I'll reserve judgement because games like this, while fun, skew perspectives.

Genetic

Oct 21, 2009
Sully has to scratch Harkins and Carter when Nieto and Rust return. If he removes Puusty we should riot

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Pretty sure I said that Puustinen's only fit is in a scoring role with significant offensive zone starts, not as a bottom six player in a defensive role. I'll reserve judgement because games like this, while fun, skew perspectives.
I’d rather have guys in the bottom 6 who can get the puck back (like Pusstinen) and go the other way. Seems crazy, but that’s what I prefer.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Sully has to scratch Harkins and Carter when Nieto and Rust return. If he removes Puusty we should riot
I believe Harkins HAS to go down for cap reasons. The fact that Puustinen has a league minimum cap hit should actually help his cause. Harkins makes $75k more.

• Love
Reactions: Genetic

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
You said “nobody in the NHL universe considers him a legitimate NHL prospect.”

It’s ok to say you were overzealous and wrong. I wouldn’t know, on account of I’ve never been wrong about anything ever, but I can image what it would be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad