Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | loss | Couldnt buy a goal, Carter sucks, Petry bad game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Friendly reminder from the Admins:

As we enter the home stretch and playoff season I just want to get a reminder through both to mods and posters in the team boards.

"If you troll an opponents or rival teams boards whether through posts, reacts or cross board quoting posts/cross board notifications, you will be warned and forum banned."

If we can be consitent on this, there will be zero tolerance on this because once one side does it the other side think they can too.

Any questions or querries, don't hesitaite to ask.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We were 7-2-1 coming into this game.
Blues, Preds, Jackets, and Flyers are lottery pick teams. And they barely beat the Jackets and Blues.

Absolutely nothing this f***ing team has done under this coach has been impressive this season. Unless you consider failing consistently, impressive.

Since February they've consistently lost against playoff teams.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Blues, Preds, Jackets, and Flyers are lottery pick teams. And they barely beat the Jackets and Blues.

Absolutely nothing this f***ing team has done under this coach has been impressive this season. Unless you consider failing consistently, impressive.

Since February they've consistently lost against playoff teams.
Not sure what "since February means"?
Assuming that means since Feb 1, Penguins have beaten
Colorado, Tampa Bay twice, Nashville (currently out of the West WC but damn close enough and threatening), and the Rangers. Playoff teams we have lost to since 2/1 include Kings, Isles (twice), Jersey, Edmonton, and today against the Rangers.

That record is 5-6.

And speaking of the Preds, there's a zero % f***ing chance they will be a top 10 lottery team. Far more likely they make the playoffs as West WC2. 4 points behind the Jets with three games in hand.

If, instead, since "since February" means March, we are 2-2 against current playoff teams.

But yeah, our coach kinda' sucks.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not sure what "since February means"?
Assuming that means since Feb 1, Penguins have beaten
Colorado, Tampa Bay twice, Nashville (currently out of the West WC but damn close enough and threatening), and the Rangers. Playoff teams we have lost to since 2/1 include Kings, Isles (twice), Jersey, Edmonton, and today against the Rangers.

That record is 5-6.

And speaking of the Preds, there's a zero % f***ing chance they will be a top 10 lottery team. Far more likely they make the playoffs as West WC2. 4 points behind the Jets with three games in hand.

If, instead, since "since February" means March, we are 2-2 against current playoff teams.

But yeah, our coach kinda' sucks.
You took the long way around but yes, these haven't been impressive wins to say the least. We either faced teams that were struggling with key injuries or just struggling to begin with and it's kot like this sack of muppets haven't been struggling since week 1. But this team is more pathetic than even claiming it as a paper tiger. This is a one ply team during a bout of diarrhoea, going on 5yrs, mainly misled by the coach.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
You took the long way around but yes, these haven't been impressive wins to say the least. We either faced teams that were struggling with key injuries or just struggling to begin with and it's kot like this sack of muppets haven't been struggling since week 1. But this team is more pathetic than even claiming it as a paper tiger. This is a one ply team during a bout of diarrhoea, going on 5yrs, mainly misled by the coach.
Gonna laugh when this team of all teams is the one that finally breaks through the first round.

Only half joking. hockey is random af like that. This is the weakest Pens team since the one that made the playoffs on the last game of the season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Gonna laugh when this team of all teams is the one that finally breaks through the first round.

Only half joking. hockey is random af like that. This is the weakest Pens team since the one that made the playoffs on the last game of the season.

Gotta make it there first. Florida is hot as hell and Islanders have a weaker schedule than us.

Reactions: Pancakes and Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Randomly is what it would take. Like the other team would need to be coached worse than us for one, then have a ton of injuries to make our dipshit coach find a way to win. This has been what 4 straight first round exits, I feel like betting on a 5th is easy money mate, haha.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Randomly is what it would take. Like the other team would need to be coached worse than us for one, then have a ton of injuries to make our dipshit coach find a way to win. This has been what 4 straight first round exits, I feel like betting on a 5th is easy money mate, haha.
It doesn't take much to change a series. One goalie gets hot, the other plays bad. A powerplay gets hot. A player gets hot.

Stupid shit happens over 7 game series. The best team often does not win. We've seen it so many times with this team.

Wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Boston or Carolina lose in the first round.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Agreed, we are not one of the top contenders. I wouldn't be surprised to see us miss the playoffs, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us come off with a crazy upset in round one. I figure you've been paying attention and realize that things in BOS and CAR are not what they were a month ago. But whatever, I'm realistic, and don't have my hopes up. The last 15 years have been way more fun than not, and I'm not going to lose my shit as we become less relevant, regardless of whatever the reasons may be or what we think they are. Let's see what happens if we make it in the playoffs and Jarry doesn't shit the bed. It could be one for the ages. Pun intended, of course.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It doesn't take much to change a series. One goalie gets hot, the other plays bad. A powerplay gets hot. A player gets hot.

Stupid shit happens over 7 game series. The best team often does not win. We've seen it so many times with this team.

Wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Boston or Carolina lose in the first round.
How often have WE been the team that shouldn't have won but did though. Maybe the 2009 final, Caps in 2017? I can't think of many.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad