GDT: | Pens vs Flyers | Saturday 1530hrs | Farewell Fletcher!

Early games:

• Suck

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I hate them

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • they are okay

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Love them

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
TestyTotalBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

vs

30-304761_flyers-stack-hd-png-download.png

Philadelphia Flyers (24-30-11, seventh in the Metropolitan Division)
vs.
Pittsburgh Penguins (32-22-10, fifth in the Metropolitan Division)

FfhYxGiWYAI7ljw

Pittsburgh; Saturday, 3:30 p.m. EST

FfhYxGhWQAEQCct

BOTTOM LINE:

The Philadelphia Flyers will attempt to stop a four-game road slide when they play the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pittsburgh has a 32-22-10 record overall and a 6-7-5 record in Metropolitan Division play. The Penguins are 6-5-6 in games their opponents commit fewer penalties.

Philadelphia has a 6-10-5 record in Metropolitan Division play and a 24-30-11 record overall. The Flyers serve 10.4 penalty minutes per game to rank eighth in NHL play.

The teams square off Saturday for the second time this season. The Penguins won the last matchup 4-1.

Jaromir-Jagr-Penguins-1.jpg

TOP PERFORMERS:

Sidney Crosby has 28 goals and 49 assists for the Penguins. Jason Zucker has scored eight goals over the past 10 games.

299870343_5506337089426728_5980936000813904993_n.jpg

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Nylander recalled?

Here is the associated multiple choice:

A: Nylander will be a healthy scratch (come on, what are you thinking!)
B: DOC will be punished for his late game penalty that changed the complexion of the game.
C: Nylander will be a healthy scratch (come on, what are you thinking!), AND DOC will be punished for his late game penalty that changed the complexion of the game.
D: Heinen will sit and Nylander will play.
E: Carter will... "get a maintenance day", Nylander will or will not play.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Nylander recalled?

B: DOC will be punished for his late game penalty that changed the complexion of the game.
C: Nylander will be a healthy scratch (come on, what are you thinking!), AND DOC will be punished for his late game penalty that changed the complexion of the game.
Nylander is up on emergency recall, which means the Penguins believe they will not have 12 healthy forwards.

He cannot play as an emergency recall if everyone else dresses.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Nylander recalled?

Here’s hoping Carter has a very long maintenance day, make it week, and that’s who Nylander is replacing…

on the other hand, I wouldn’t put it past Hart and the Flyers to steal this game, especially with our goaltending lol

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Here’s hoping Carter has a very long maintenance day, make it week, and that’s who Nylander is replacing…

on the other hand, I wouldn’t put it past Hart and the Flyers to steal this game, especially with our goaltending lol
Early game + horrific opponent = multi goal loss = "I thought we played the right way, just a tough rivalry game. Our imaginary goals actually had us winning this game"

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Early game + horrific opponent = multi goal loss = "I thought we played the right way, just a tough rivalry game. Our imaginary goals actually had us winning this game"

when we blow another third period lead: “I thought we were the better team for 55 minutes. We made a few mistakes at the end that ended up in our net. It stinks to lose this way. We just have to bring that sticktoittiveness to our game.”

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
when we blow another third period lead: “I thought we were the better team for 55 minutes. We made a few mistakes at the end that ended up in our net. It stink to lose this way. We just have to bring that sticktoittiveness to our game.”
If we ain't laughin we're cryin!

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Flyers playing a rival and will bring a compete level. Just has the look of a crap game with the Pens taking some of the cheap shots that they just will see more of as the season grinds down. So soft should be the Pittsburgh Charmens. What a failure by Hextall on so many fronts.

Reactions: Pens x

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Eh, more Twilight sequel I think.
I actually quite enjoyed the first twilight 😲
Have the rest of them to watch (with my grandmother (we watch so many films we have to go into the dregs some times =P))
Haven't watched the remaining ones because I can't find the second one on dvd (or vhs)... but have all the rest.

Flyers playing a rival and will bring a compete level. Just has the look of a crap game with the Pens taking some of the cheap shots that they just will see more of as the season grinds down. So soft should be the Pittsburgh Charmens. What a failure by Hextall on so many fronts.
I still can't understand what happened.
Wasn't his sole intention to bring long panted hockey players onboard??

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Seeing so many of you finally realize just how awful Hextall is makes me so happy.
Yes, your relentless unending opposition and displeasure with gmrh has long since been established =]

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yes, your relentless unending opposition and displeasure with gmrh has long since been established =]
Was I right? Lots of people died on that Hextall hill trying to defend him to me. It seems the relentless hate was warranted.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Was I right? Lots of people died on that Hextall hill trying to defend him to me.
I at least can find reason in the past gm moves and signings, however idiotic or outright bad... (most not all of them)....
But with this guy, really I am just lost. Wasn't he brought in and immediately said he wanted to make the team tougher to play against?
I mean.... how far down the road are we from that point and not a single addition (or subtraction) anywhere has made this team tougher and you can put 'tough' in any context and it's still unseen.
Conflicting gm / coach? Coach wants small speed players? GM wants long pants ( :laugh: ) tough physical roster -- but that can't be... which signing fits the gm's vision and which signings fit the coaches approach?
:confused:

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad