GDT: Pens vs. Caps Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Why are people being negative? It happens. I think we were still dominating. Just bad defense. It's fine.

I agree it's not a big enough deal to flip **** over, the capitals don't matter in the long run until potentially the second round, outside of mental confidence this game means nothing. It's far more important they remain healthy in order to get the opportunity to play them again a few weeks from now when they might have malkin, maata, and rust back.

First line had been awful.

This on the other hand is a big problem.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
if a pathetic game leaves us tied with the best team in the league, I think we're doing pretty well as a whole.

It wasn't a pathetic game.

Far from it.

But, my takeaway right now is that the PP may cost us games in the playoffs.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm actually not super worried about the powerplay. Imo it's biggest problem is lack of urgency and in the playoffs you're not going to see that lack of urgency. Every player will amp up their intensity on it.

I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we flip a switch with it and start winning battles and just competing.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Home ice. Kuhnhackl blows past Orpik. Caps arent going nowhere with that D.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Put Sestito out there. He can beat up Ovy, and when he's done, he can beat up Lovejoy

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
if a pathetic game leaves us tied with the best team in the league, I think we're doing pretty well as a whole.

I'm more concerned about why it's pathetic

The PP is embarrassing
The love affair with Kunitz is insanity
Lovejoy should not be playing

These aren't one offs and aside from Lovejoy I don't see it changing any time soon.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
As bad as Cole's been tonight he's still better than LJ.
We need Maatta back and LJ sitting.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
This is like the reverse of recent Pens games, where we'd start off slow and come back and win. I feel like we took the foot off the gas for a while there and paid for it. Let's see if they can turn back on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad