Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Caps| Loss | Its fine, fine, no really, its fine (Mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sullivan didn’t deserve this last chance. They should have given a new voice for the final year of the core.

I know people may think I'm a Sullivan apologist, but to pin this all on him and act like the rest of the team is fine is just laughable.

This is a heavily flawed team that has an aging core with a support cast that isn't good enough to compensate for the aging core. Blaming Sullivan for this team's lack of success now is like blaming Babcock for Detroit's lack of success from like 2010-2015. No, it's because their core is old as hell and you're not going to win anything with an old as hell core.

The same exact thing is happening to Washington, and it's not because Laviolette is a bad coach.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sully " I thought we did good things and looked better out there on the ice today."

“I liked our resilience. We were battling out there and it was a very even game. We just didn’t get the bounces. But it will come if we stick with it”

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Not a great game, got a bunch of players recovering from illness and this was the first full game the second line has played all year. Still aren't healthy.

We need to rest Jarry more and get healthy.

I'd like to see more shots on net and less passing. This team can really pass but we're overdoing it 5v5.

That said, some people really lost their minds in the GDT. Every single puck that goes the other way you're dumping on the team like changes of possession don't happen 5 times a shift. Every single puck that goes the other way that Malkin was involved in, especially if it results in a goal, and people are shitting on Geno and wanting him benched or not re-signed or Hair Guy posting his BS about Evgeni Minus. There was nothing wrong with his decision to play it back to the point there, it was bad luck that a Cap got a stick on it at the last second and Ruh was flatfooted. But go off.

Then we're saying he's mentally weak for reacting to a two-handed slash from Tom Wilson? The criticism this guy gets is so far beyond normal and appropriate I almost wish he walks so I don't have to read any more bullshit about it.

The team will be fine, we're going to win the first round, after that it'll depend on Jarry, the stars, and Sullivan removing his head from his fourth point of contact. I like the lines for the first time all year.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Sullivan didn’t deserve this last chance. They should have given a new voice for the final year of the core.
He probably easily has another year before he’s actually in danger of being fired… Bylsma got about 3-4 years longer than he deserved and he only won 1 cup. Ha

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You are playing Ruhwedel as a #4....

Yeah, I think that'll just about do it for me...
He was only a few seconds shy of being #3 in minutes played on defense actually.

giphy.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know people may think I'm a Sullivan apologist, but to pin this all on him and act like the rest of the team is fine is just laughable.

This is a heavily flawed team that has an aging core with a support cast that isn't good enough to compensate for the aging core. Blaming Sullivan for this team's lack of success now is like blaming Babcock for Detroit's lack of success from like 2010-2015. No, it's because their core is old as hell and you're not going to win anything with an old as hell core.

The same exact thing is happening to Washington, and it's not because Laviolette is a bad coach.

If you can’t see Sullivan is an issue with this team I question what games you watch tbh.

He literally does not coach.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
By the way: PPG you're allowed to CHEER. You don't have to sit there with your thumbs up your arses bemoaning the fact that our celebrated team is fading.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
3 Malkin turnovers led to goals today. Not winning hockey by fading star.

That and no power play goals is pretty much the story.

Reboot the core. Sign rust. Let Malkin and letang walk.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Malkin looked good, but made dumb mistakes in critical times that let to goals against. He needs to be smarter.
This is the problem. Yeah, for a good chunk of the game, he did look good as did L2 all together...but then when the game matters, he makes critical errors that seal the deal for the other team.

Build 100 bridges and 1 collapses, you're a shitty bridge builder.

Reactions: Shady Machine

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
Maybe it's just a diversion for the playoffs.

Really looking forward to the Nashville game to see what a tired Pens team can do with DeSmith in net
Nashville will beat the piss out of them physically just like they did last time.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
We would need to lose basically every game and Isles would need to win every game.
I think we will lose near every game and the isles will win near every game. I wonder what the exact numbers are. It's unfathomable I'm actually worried about this.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you can’t see Sullivan is an issue with this team I question what games you watch tbh.

This website wants to convince itself that Sullivan is the problem because they don't want to accept the reality that this team just isn't a true contender anymore.

They'll just write up any dysfunction with this team as due to Sullivan despite it being the same players doing the dysfunction for the last 4 or so years.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
As soon as they are live I willing be posting the Malkin vs Boyle 5 on 5 scoring race updates here.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He was only a few seconds shy of being #3 in minutes played on defense actually.

giphy.gif

I know....

Time to bow out and get summer started early. I can't keep watching this same bad show every year.

They clearly don't get they needed to do "MORE" at the TDL. These last how many games only secures that notion. Defense not even touched.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Not a great game, got a bunch of players recovering from illness and this was the first full game the second line has played all year. Still aren't healthy.

We need to rest Jarry more and get healthy.

I'd like to see more shots on net and less passing. This team can really pass but we're overdoing it 5v5.

That said, some people really lost their minds in the GDT. Every single puck that goes the other way you're dumping on the team like changes of possession don't happen 5 times a shift. Every single puck that goes the other way that Malkin was involved in, especially if it results in a goal, and people are shitting on Geno and wanting him benched or not re-signed or Hair Guy posting his BS about Evgeni Minus. There was nothing wrong with his decision to play it back to the point there, it was bad luck that a Cap got a stick on it at the last second and Ruh was flatfooted. But go off.

Then we're saying he's mentally weak for reacting to a two-handed slash from Tom Wilson? The criticism this guy gets is so far beyond normal and appropriate I almost wish he walks so I don't have to read any more bullshit about it.

The team will be fine, we're going to win the first round, after that it'll depend on Jarry, the stars, and Sullivan removing his head from his fourth point of contact. I like the lines for the first time all year.
This is the most optimistic post ever. I disagree with it, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad