Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Canes: Thank you Pens! One hell of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Morrow brings some valuable grit to this team. Faulk got rattled and played like hot garbage after Morrow crushed him with that hit.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Morrow brings some valuable grit to this team. Faulk got rattled and played like hot garbage after Morrow crushed him with that hit.

And Morrow single-handedly made the game worth watching when Skinner had his temper-tantrum after being hooked in the balls. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And Morrow single-handedly made the game worth watching when Skinner had his temper-tantrum after being hooked in the balls. :laugh:

Living in Dallas and having watched Morrow closely for years, I can assure you that it was completely accidental.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Back from the game. Did not win the car, but did not have my hopes up as 90% chance of fail. Was fun none the less. And a fun game to attend.

As far as I could see no injuries so was a sucess.

Flyers ending up out of the top ten in the draft was icing on the cake.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Back from the game. Did not win the car, but did not have my hopes up as 90% chance of fail. Was fun none the less. And a fun game to attend.

As far as I could see no injuries so was a sucess.

Flyers ending up out of the top ten in the draft was icing on the cake.

Wins with eight goal outbursts usually are . . . :laugh:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Wins with eight goal outbursts usually are . . . :laugh:

One of the damndest games I saw when I was young was an AHL game where Hershey scored 17 goals.

I might be misremembering it because I was a little kid at the time, but I'm absolutely sure it was more than 10...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
One of the damndest games I saw when I was young was an AHL game where Hershey scored 17 goals.

I might be misremembering it because I was a little kid at the time, but I'm absolutely sure it was more than 10...

Pretty big gap between 10 and 17 . . . :laugh:

Maybe they only scored 8.5 goals and you counted each one twice. ;)

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Pretty big gap between 10 and 17 . . . :laugh:

Maybe they only scored 8.5 goals and you counted each one twice. ;)

I was like 5 or 6 at the time. I apologize for not having a perfect memory.

Let's just be happy that despite all my old man's efforts towards trying to make me a Flyers fan (Hershey was PHI's affiliate at the time), I ended up a fan of the good guys once I committed to the NHL.

(And on that note, even my old man abandoned the Flyers to become a Bruins fan. He met Brad Marchand on a hunting trip during the lockout and immediately switched what team he follows)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I was like 5 or 6 at the time. I apologize for not having a perfect memory.

Let's just be happy that despite all my old man's efforts towards trying to make me a Flyers fan (Hershey was PHI's affiliate at the time), I ended up a fan of the good guys once I committed to the NHL.

(And on that note, even my old man abandoned the Flyers to become a Bruins fan. He met Brad Marchand on a hunting trip during the lockout and immediately switched what team he follows)

Notwithstanding your old man's coming to his senses, I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations hasn't expired if you'd like to file child abuse charges. :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Just for my own sanity, please let me know if Steigy said someone was injured and wouldn't return in the latter part of the 1st :laugh:

Maybe he was talking about how Semin was out for the season with a concussion? That's really the only injury related thing I heard him say.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
The fact that we got Jussi for a conditional 6th or 7th and that Carolina is picking up part of the tab is hilarious to me. What a steal by Shero.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
+
fVFkxod.gif

- It's not Wednesday

:laugh:
****ing right *****es!

+Neal
+Bylsma for 14-71-18
+Arena music tonight, old Metallica FTW
+Errey between the benches: better on ice sounds through the broadcast
-CAR tying the game

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So I admit when they showed that Adams and Glass didn't miss a game all season I said to the Hockey Gods....

images

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Just for my own sanity, please let me know if Steigy said someone was injured and wouldn't return in the latter part of the 1st :laugh:

I didn't notice it but the Staal drinking game is already kicking in. :laugh:

Can someone clear up the potential match-ups for me? So we're getting one of the Sens or Isles, does it depend on what the Sens do tomorrow vs. the Broons?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I didn't notice it but the Staal drinking game is already kicking in. :laugh:

Can someone clear up the potential match-ups for me? So we're getting one of the Sens or Isles, does it depend on what the Sens do tomorrow vs. the Broons?

If the Senators win or lose in OT, we play the Islanders. If the Senators lose in regulation, we play the Senators.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Does any one really expect Kunitz to stay with Malkin? Ive wanted him there all year, but DB just seems insistent with keeping crosby Dupis and Kunitz together. I missed the last two games so I don't know if it seems like hes moved away but really whats the chance.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Does any one really expect Kunitz to stay with Malkin? Ive wanted him there all year, but DB just seems insistent with keeping crosby Dupis and Kunitz together. I missed the last two games so I don't know if it seems like hes moved away but really whats the chance.

This might be my optimism talking, but don't you think that if he was going to play Iginla-Malkin-Neal together in the playoffs, Dan would have had them play tonight's game as a line? It would be awfully odd for him to not use this one last opportunity for them to build chemistry for the playoffs..

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

I do. This gets Malkin/Neal going for the playoffs to dominate. Crosby will have Iginla at RW, where he SHOULD be, aswell as Dupuis as LW.

A little OT...I hear Thomas wants to play for the Flyers. Good or bad? i dunno, he's been off for a year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Another positive from tonight's game is Neal's going into the playoffs with a hot hand. He's a streaky scorer, so I'd much rather see Neal entering the playoffs coming off a hattrick than coming in on a goal scoring slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad