Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tristan Jarry in March 2024:

10 GP (2 wins, 6 losses)
4.44 GAA
Wonder when that Calgary game was **checks notes** ah, March 2nd. Considering the team took the next 3+ weeks off, yeah, all those stats absolutely track.

As I said in the other thread, up until then, Ned and Jarrs were the only reason that game even had significance.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wonder when that Calgary game was **checks notes** ah, March 2nd. Considering the team took the next 3+ weeks off, yeah, all those stats absolutely track.

As I said in the other thread, up until then, Ned and Jarrs were the only reason that game even had significance.
Jarry’s stats in January and February indicate he was on the decline overall then as well…it wasn’t like like he’s been tremendous except for March…

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This weird thing of giving the Penguins an excuse because they got blown out in the Calgary game is so weird.

If the Penguins would have won three games after the Calgary loss.. which in terms of Caps, Senators, and Devils were certainly a possiblity. We'd currently be at 78 points with a game in hand on the Red Wings at 79, the Caps would be at 79, and the Flyers would be at 82 who we would have two games in hand.

Crosby throwing a fit and the Penguins capsizing after that game is inexcusable given the window we still had to make the playoffs if we just focused on beating the beatable teams on our schedule.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
This is why I'm always a little perplexed when I read:

The Penguins are wasting all-star performances from Jarry! The goaltending is not a problem!

Kick the 24 pick to SJS, trade out Jarry, Pettersson, Smith, and Rakell. Let's get the party started.
I’m not wed to Rakell or Pettersson, but you’d make top6 wing and top4 D holes and only get $9M. Especially with the Dragon. Don’t need to trade him.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This weird thing of giving the Penguins an excuse because they got blown out in the Calgary game is so weird.

If the Penguins would have won three games after the Calgary loss.. which in terms of Caps, Senators, and Devils were certainly a possiblity. We'd currently be at 78 points with a game in hand on the Red Wings at 79, the Caps would be at 79, and the Flyers would be at 82 who we would have two games in hand.

Crosby throwing a fit and the Penguins capsizing after that game is inexcusable given the window we still had to make the playoffs if we just focused on beating the beatable teams on our schedule.
It was pretty pathetic the way they just gave up after Jake was traded.

Having said that have you seen our April schedule? I think even if this team tried hard they might have been f***ed. There's like one theoretically easy game on that schedule and it's against a team that always beats us anyways (NJ).

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
It was pretty pathetic the way they just gave up after Jake was traded.

Having said that have you seen our April schedule? I think even if this team tried hard they might have been f***ed. There's like one theoretically easy game on that schedule and it's against a team that always beats us anyways (NJ).

We'd essentially be battling with the Wings, Devils, Isles, and Capitals for the final spot. We play all of them. So it would've put the onus on us.

If we would've fired Sullivan in early February, I bet we make the playoffs.

Reactions: Pens x and Pancakes

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
As the Penguins can't consistently make the playoffs now, the goalie meltdowns now occur a few months earlier. This is when all the Yinzer Frenzies over their favorite goalie die down and they actually shut their mouths for a few months. Switch to the offseason, and all the excuses roll back in: "the team was bad." "He was playing hurt."

It's crazy how much history repeats itself from Fleury to Jarry.

What am I most confused about?
The fans complaining about Jarry when they ride or die with Fleury and don't realize the same things are happening.

OR

The fans who loved Fleury and for some reason have adopted Jarry and absolutely will fall off a mountain to defend both over anything else. These people love pain. They saw the disappointing, season ending performances year over year and were like "yes, I need more of that."

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We'd essentially be battling with the Wings, Devils, Isles, and Capitals for the final spot. We play all of them. So it would've put the onus on us.

If we would've fired Sullivan in early February, I bet we make the playoffs.
I'll give you that. Give me a new coach in Jan or February and this team probably rides that boost into the playoffs.

With Sullivan at the helm I think even if Sid had not pouted post trade deadline they were still gonna probably miss. They weren't surviving that April schedule with Sullivan at the helm.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
As the Penguins can't consistently make the playoffs now, the goalie meltdowns now occur a few months earlier. This is when all the Yinzer Frenzies over their favorite goalie die down and they actually shut their mouths for a few months. Switch to the offseason, and all the excuses roll back in: "the team was bad." "He was playing hurt."

It's crazy how much history repeats itself from Fleury to Jarry.

What am I most confused about?
The fans complaining about Jarry when they ride or die with Fleury and don't realize the same things are happening.

OR

The fans who somehow loved Fleury and for some reason have adopted Jarry and absolutely will fall off a mountain to defend both over anything else. These people love pain. The saw the disappointing, season ending performances and were like "yes, I need more of that."

Yeah, it is like the same exact thing only Fleury was actually good in the regular season.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
CF8A82A8-394D-4F30-AD00-200E716E9220.jpeg
0CDAD6F4-EDA1-4F8B-B261-8E782A99D06B.jpeg
9BA5086A-D12C-4100-9F68-080E766F8D3D.jpeg

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

You’re always making excuses for Letang. March 2nd is insignificant without 87 because they’re the worst team in the league without him. Letang blew that game and many others this season. He’s a huge reason why they miss again this season whether you accept it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad