Post-Game Talk: Pens v Rags 11/11/14 eating chalk > Steigerwald

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
My first inclination, like always, is to blame the coach. Johnston did what any good coach should do though. He shuffled the lines trying to find some chemistry and demoted Downie when he did something stupid. We can't really ask more from Johnston. This was all on the players. We can't go 82-0, yes. But we need a consistent effort. A season is long and I understand that an effort like this is inevitable. It is always so frustrating as someone who goes to school in Flyers country and lives in Devils/Rangers country. It always seems like they take these games off, while the other team is doing satanic black magic rituals before the game, listening to eye of the tiger. I dislike losing. I hate not showing up. I think Crosby did fairly well tonight, his passes should have connected but the other players couldn't get to them. Malkin should have had that breakaway but the ref called it offsides.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
No need to worry about the PK streak anymore, time to show some pride and make another one. Everyone gets bag skated tomorrow no doubt for the lack of effort. Shake up the lines MJ! And not KCD....

Game only matters if it isn't learned from and made an anomaly.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Crosby with a truly Ovechkinian effort on the Nash shorty. Bortuzzo and Ehrhoff were a nightmare. I thought really the only player that looked energized throughout the game was Malkin. He looked even better once he finally had someone with a bit of skill on his wing. Fleury let in two softies by my count, and he made some boneheaded decisions playing the puck, but I am immune to that by now. They were due for a stinker.

penguins2946*

Fleury was the only player that played even remotely decent. Just a horrible, horrible game all around.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
+ Every player tried their hardest not to care.
+ No injuries

I question why MAF wasn't pulled after the 3rd goal. We never pull him in games like this. IE. we never come to back to win games like this.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm surprisingly not mad after a 5-0 loss. This was the type of growing pain I figured we'd have. It is an embarrassing loss and a team motivator. They should be significantly embarrassed. I saw a lot of confusion, lines not meshing, and lack of chemistry against the rush. **** happens. I'll worry about it if it becomes consistent.

But hey.. hats off to the Rangers. They just outplayed us and put the ass whippin' down. They deserved the win. They played hard.

Truthfully - I'd rather lose this way, then find cheap ways to win but KNOW it won't work in the playoffs.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Sid and Geno were fine after the first. More than fine in fact. It was just too late.

If anyone cared to notice, they were responsible for practically every scoring chance the team had.

On another note, you could almost feel Scuderi wish the puck wouldnt' come to him in the offensie zone. Complete black hole with a shot that reminds me of those floaters the women take at the highest International level.

And honestly, I'm ****ing tired of Dupuis' existence on anything above the 3rd line. I can't ****ing take it anymore.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Focus and energy just wasn't there for 30 minutes/pre-line shuffling. Thoroughly outworked. Rangers were impressive. Gonna be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Sid and Geno were fine after the first. More than fine in fact. It was just too late.

If anyone cared to notice, they were responsible for practically every scoring chance the team had.

On another note, you could almost feel Scuderi wish the puck wouldnt' come to him in the offensie zone. Complete black hole with a shot that reminds me of those floaters the women take at the highest International level.

And honestly, I'm ****ing tired of Dupuis' existence on anything above the 3rd line. I can't ****ing take it anymore.

I love when people work pointless misogyny into their commentary. It really adds a layer of refined insight and cutting, iconoclastic humor that brightens the whole thing up.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Tell me more about how Letang is the worst defenseman in the league, please.

He's not.

He's also not even close to the Norris caliber money he's getting. Just wait to see what happens when a guy with literally no brains loses even half a step with his speed. I'd tell you, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
The SH goal was embarrassing. We couldn't win a faceoff all night or just get pucks to the net. Players kept wanting to make perfect passes against the king. Just get pucks on net and try to get a garbage goal.

This game reminded me of the BOS series.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I'm surprisingly not mad after a 5-0 loss. This was the type of growing pain I figured we'd have. It is an embarrassing loss and a team motivator. They should be significantly embarrassed. I saw a lot of confusion, lines not meshing, and lack of chemistry against the rush. **** happens. I'll worry about it if it becomes consistent.

But hey.. hats off to the Rangers. They just outplayed us and put the ass whippin' down. They deserved the win. They played hard.

Truthfully - I'd rather lose this way, then find cheap ways to win but KNOW it won't work in the playoffs.

I kinda wished I was mad - but it's hard. I'm at the point were I'm excited to see how the team responds and grows from this.

And yeah, this is what I assumed the season would mostly look like by now.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
It feels like Groundhogs Day.

The Pens have trouble coming out of their zone when they can't come up the wall...
Teams that take away the middle of the ice make Crosby and Malkin look like punks...

The Rangers are bigger, faster and more structured. That's about it.

Way to sip tea with Miss Daisy boys. Sweet Jesus... how I long for the days of Roo, Cooke, Roberts, BGL, Max...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
+ Every player tried their hardest not to care.
+ No injuries

I question why MAF wasn't pulled after the 3rd goal. We never pull him in games like this. IE. we never come to back to win games like this.

Pulling Fleury would have changed nothing tonight. There was not 1 moment where anybody on the team looked like they wanted to play tonight.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
A little disconcerting that the same EC teams we had trouble with last year are still giving us trouble this season. Still very early, but how we fare against NYR, Philly, and Boston is something to keep tabs on as the season progresses.

And let's not have KCD be a thing again. There are a ******** of other options, MJ.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Crosby with a truly Ovechkinian effort on the Nash shorty. Bortuzzo and Ehrhoff were a nightmare. I thought really the only player that looked energized throughout the game was Malkin. He looked even better once he finally had someone with a bit of skill on his wing. Fleury let in two softies by my count, and he made some boneheaded decisions playing the puck, but I am immune to that by now. They were due for a stinker.

..Of the Penguins Skaters on the Nash goal, it's Crosby that you single out there? Was he supposed to push Letang out of the way to get to Nash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad