Pre-Game Talk: Pens v Kings | 7:00 EST @ CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
"I’ve never seen that work out too well (with any player)."

He says he never saw it work out well, it did this season. Maatta is a player it worked with.

There's a difference between giving a player time off to rest before the playoffs, and to sit in the press box because they've been terrible.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG

Bylsma says there have been "five or six occasions this seasons when players have been benched "various reasons," such as bad penalties.

Which is technically true. Bennett, Megna, Gibbons, Bortuzzo, Despres, Maatta, Vitale, Z, and Sill. Gotta teach those young guns to not play so well. They make his pets look bad.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Bylsma says there have been "five or six occasions this seasons when players have been benched "various reasons," such as bad penalties.

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Coach Bylsma said Shero's scouting reports are more critical than scouts, but he gave Bennett a "glowing report." #Pens

Dejan Kovacevic @Dejan_Kovacevic

Bylsma, asked why he benched Jokinen but never an elite player like Neal: 'It's different.' Says benchings are shorter for stars.

In terms of the 5 or 6 benchings, I can count at least 3 for Despres.

So Neal, Crosby, Malkin, Letang can get away with whatever they want?

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

I asked Bylsma if third and fourth lines physical enough, answered they 'could be harder.' Bemoaned loss of Conner, Ebbett as third-liners.

uhhhhh

Not, "It's a shame we don't have Sill to plug in."

It's, "I wish we were tougher, it's a shame we don't have Connor."!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I asked Bylsma if third and fourth lines physical enough, answered they 'could be harder.' Bemoaned loss of Conner, Ebbett as third-liners.

uhhhhh

He thinks the problem on the 3rd line is missing Conner and Ebbett? :laugh: You can't make this **** up.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Which is technically true. Bennett, Megna, Gibbons, Bortuzzo, Despres, Maatta, Vitale, Z, and Sill. Gotta teach those young guns to not play so well. They make his pets look bad.

In the beginning Bylsma was not a bad choice because the Pens needed a 180 degree change from Therien. Now it just so happens for the past 3 season they have needed a 180 degree change from Bylsma, but instead of judging his playoff failures they reward his 100 point seasons... Why? No idea!!!

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
My point... the guy has not been on the winning side of a meaningful game or playoff series in 3 years... fire him NOW. He lost this locker room, lacks discipline, and this late in the season benching Jokinen does nothing but well... piss off Jokinen. It sends no messages other than how soft YOU, Mr. Bylsma have let this team become. You cannot coach this team like every player is like Tanner Glass, Craig Adams, and Derrick Engellend. Disco you were a good coach but your systems, philosophies, "your game" has become stale in Pittsburgh. Thank you but I say GOOD DAY!!!

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007

Bylsma, on whether he'd give Crosby a game off to rest: "I’ve never seen that work out too well (with any player)."

Bylsma, on giving Crosby game or two off, makes it really clear he wouldn't want to tick off Crosby by even asking.

What? Olli Maatta, this season? No?

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Oh if only I were the GM of this team (LOL)!!! I'd have Mr. Laviolette standing on the bench tonight with Mr. Tocchet and Ulfie on his wings!! ...but we will have no such rumblings at this country club. "...and besides I never slice!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad