Pre-Game Talk: Pens v Kings | 7:00 EST @ CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
Last year Lucic was playing like ********* so Clode benched him for a few games before the playoffs started. That was a message sending benching. What happened was that Lucic came out flying in the first round like he had something to prove. Now we know that can't/won't work for Scorpik or Gladams but it would be nice to see Dan show some balls.

Giving Sid a night off is completely different. Let him know that it's not due to his play but due to the fatigue factor. Come on Dan you are the coach!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
He hasn't for 3 seasons now.

For sure. It's just that he hasn't had to have many "crash and burn" moments during the season. It's been softball questions over and over again for 3 years. For whatever reason, the reactions to this past game have been different.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
So when can we expect Bennett and Letang?

Mark Madden who is around the team a lot and usually has reliable info said Letangs plan is to play the last 3 regular season games.

As for Bennett, he is coming back to team today so I would image he would play tomorrow or the following game.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Oh if only I were the GM of this team (LOL)!!! I'd have Mr. Laviolette standing on the bench tonight with Mr. Tocchet and Ulfie on his wings!! ...but we will have no such rumblings at this country club. "...and besides I never slice!"

l2LTo.gif

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dejan made it sound like not resting Crosby was out of fear of Crosby, not out of logic or reason.

Fire Shero*

Bob Errey at 9:37 pm tonight

You know, the kings are a desperate team. Every game is so important to them.
And oh boy, how bout' this Martin Jones kid? Only 24 and played like he's been in the league for years. The pens just faced a desperate team with a hot goalie. Nothing to worry about, the pens will have the day off tomorrow and look to get back on track on Friday. You don't want to peak to early folks.

Rinse, repeat and say the same crap after the game on Friday

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
At the very least this is the first time we've seen anybody from the Pittsburgh media ask Dan Bylsma a hard-hitting question.

Fan ire rarely gets coaches fired, but history shows that coaches have a very short life span once the media turns on them (though obviously there are exceptions to this rule). Perhaps today was a small step towards that.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG

Bylsma says there have been "five or six occasions this seasons when players have been benched "various reasons," such as bad penalties.

Dejan Kovacevic @Dejan_Kovacevic

Bylsma, asked why he benched Jokinen but never an elite player like Neal: 'It's different.' Says benchings are shorter for stars.

I asked Bylsma if third and fourth lines physical enough, answered they 'could be harder.' Bemoaned loss of Conner, Ebbett as third-liners.

uhhhhh

This is just a bad place right now. Going to lunch.

1312644019061.jpg

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
And this is why I still like Kovacevic best from all the Pens writers.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Dejan made it sound like not resting Crosby was out of fear of Crosby, not out of logic or reason.

More or less true but it wasn't "fear" per se. I just listened to the interview and he basically said "after missing so many games, Sid wants to be in there every night so he's going to play". I read that more as if Sid is good to go, I want him to play. I guess you could read it as, "who am I to tell Sid he can't play". I mean, it definitely goes to a lack of authority from Bylsma.

The question about 3rd line toughness, Dejan's tweet is misleading. Bylsma said "we could be better in that area but when you have Conner and Ebbett on your 3rd line, you aren't expecting it to be a real physical line. But with the guys we have now, yeah we need to be better there". Something like that. He certainly wasn't saying he really missed Ebbett and Conner (although I wouldn't be surprised).

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
as people have pointed out, dejan seems to have had a change of heart basically over night. he also isnt a beat reporter, which is hardly surprising since he doesnt rely on team access to do his daily job.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
After checking out the Kings' GDT and seeing "LA: No reported injuries", and then eight of our guys, I just laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad