Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Not including Pouliot since he's going to be a regular going forward:

1. Sprong
2. Murray
3. Sundqvist

my list has sprong a leak but it doesn't matter because beyond these 3 guys I don't think any of them could make an a real impact anytime soon. Maybe that Simon kid? I dunno.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Not including Pouliot since he's going to be a regular going forward:

1. Sprong
2. Murray
3. Sundqvist

my list has sprong a leak but it doesn't matter because beyond these 3 guys I don't think any of them could make an a real impact anytime soon. Maybe that Simon kid? I dunno.

Bottom line is if those 3 all become good players (2nd line winger, starting goalie, and good 3rd line center) then I would be happy with our prospect group. Getting some grinders out of guys like Wilson, Rust, etc. for 3rd and 4th line duty might also happen and anything else is just gravy.

I have no problem with the prospects we have had. I remember the 90's when we had no prospect worth anything for an 8 year time frame. With this group we have guys like Pouliot, Maatta, Dumoulin, Murray, Sundqvist, Sprong, Jarry, and others that have shown they are ready now for NHL duty or have the potential to be good players.

It could always be better but when you have your core best players signed for 5+ years that include Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang, and Fleury with promising young players like Maatta and Pouliot that is a nice group to build around. If the Pens can add guys like Sundqvist (3rd line center), Murray (back up goalie), and Wilson (4th line), Rust (4th line), Dumoulin (3rd pairing) over this season and the next then I would call that a decent flow of prospects added to a nice core.

The Pens have had better like the mid to late 80's when we had guys like Mario, Recchi, Stevens, Errey, Bourque, Looney, and other core players to build a contender and also in the early 2000's with guys like Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, and Staal. The thing about those days was the team sucked so we added great prospects and other pieces to build Cup Champions. I believe this time we have added to the core and have better guys that can add to the core than we did the first go around. After those first two Cups we never really added hardly any prospect the next 8 years like the guys we are adding now like Maatta, Pouliot, Dumoulin, and hopefully Murray, Sundqvist, Sprong, and others over the next couple years.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
1. Despres, greatest Pens prospect ever drafted, even better than Crosby, and Malkin.
2. Pouliot
3. Sprong
4. Murray
5. Jarry
6-10 - Throw a dart.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I like the job GMJR & Co. did at this years draft simply because they seem like "Home Run/High-Risk" picks which I usually see Washington do (See Kuznetsov & Forsberg), despite having only 4 picks and no 1st rounder.

I remember Kopitar slipping because he was Slovenian and I think there's some of that in the case of Sprong (not saying he's the next Kopitar so calm down!), even though he's basically Canadian. Dominik Simon is under-sized but highly skilled so I don't doubt he slipped past a lot of teams. They also took a chance on a Gronk-like Russian Pavlychev who's been in the States the last 5 years, idolizes Malkin so he's risky talent-wise but if he pans out it doesn't seem likely that he's ditching us for the KHL. And Frederik Tiffels... Well I don't know much about him but I read that he's very fast, very good skater and underrated offensive and maybe his status has been hurt as well by playing for Germany. Certainly the Carl Hagelin comparison is encouraging.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
1.Pouliot
2.Murray
3.Dumoulin
4.Sprong
5.Sundqvist
6.Plotnikov
7.Sheary
8.Jarry
9.Wilson
10.Rust
11.Zlobin
12.Simon
13.Taylor
14.Dea
15.Blueger
16.Guentzel
17.Byron
18.Kuhnhackl
19.Uher
20.Tiffles

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I legit don't know.

tumblr_nhdl3yA5ac1txyx4lo1_250.png

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
In our eyes or the orgs?.... cause I know the Pens are rumored to be very high on Bleuger....

Has Blueger's game improved since he was drafted? Honest question to those who've actually seen him play the past two seasons. It seemed a weird reach of a pick at the time, and based solely on his stats (again, why I'm asking those who have seen him actually play) it still looks like a reach of a pick.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I have a hard time not putting a guy who posted a 1.50 GAA over the course of a pro season as my #1 prospect. That guy was unbelievable this past season.

Connor Sheary has some buzz around him right now. A lot of media talking about him, and a lot of fans that I talk to are high on him.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
1. Murray
2. Sundqvist
3. Dumoulin
4. Jarry
5. Sprong
6. Guentzel
7. Rust
8. Wilson
9. Blueger