Confirmed with Link: PENS/STARS TRADE: Brenden Morrow, 2013 3rd<--> Joe Morrow, 2013 5th + contract talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Shake*

I get the major feeling Jason Botterill had alot to do with this

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Brendan will bleed for this team.
Just need a little physicality on Malkin's line and he'll do just fine here.
Hate to see you go Joe but you'll love it in Texas, country boy.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If the report that apparently Morrow and the Penguins weren't on the same page then it kind've just gives them a reason to trade him. He was expendable as we have so many D prospects pushing to get through that one of them was going to be traded, possibly more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maatta or someone else traded in a deal for Iginla.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wow this sucks. If your going to give up Joe then you do it for a player that will stick around for a few years, not someone that will be gone in July.

This still hasnt addressed our need for a winger next season though and we just shot our wad.

Guess Shero better use that 1st pick this year for another PMD.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I'm not buying any smoke writers blow up our ***** about our prospects any more. I always used to say it's almost pointless to try and project what these guys will do until they've been in the league a year or two. I waivered on that this year because of how well-stocked we were. No more. There's no way Shero was THAT eager to get this version of Brenden Morrow. The only reasonable conclusion is that Morrow was grossly overrated. The exchange of picks indicate it wasn't a fleecing, just a little tweak to balance out what was almost an equal trade.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
I have no doubts B. Morrow will make a difference in our line-up, but he's just not the type of player I'd feel comfortable trading a top prospect like J. Morrow for. A prospect, if turned out according to plan, fits an organizational need of all things too.

Looking forward to him hopefully proving me wrong! But right now this really stings- a lot.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sometimes you guys are making me crazy. You want guys like Kulemin and Setoguchi but complain when we get a warrior like Morrow. I know it is more to do with asset management than it does with who we acquired, but damn, I am the only one who likes the trade and hopes we'll go hard after Iggy?

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Is there any official report about the Pens vs Boston as far as Morrow waiving his clause for?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Logical fallacies:

1) Pens needed someone in the top-6, and Brenden Morrow is someone - I believe the Penguins need more skill AND grit throughout their lineup. But needing someone and getting the right someone(s) are two different things. Brenden Morrow of 2013 is no longer the kind of player the Penguins need. His skating on Geno's line is going to be a comedy, for opposing teams. He's going to anchor that line, in the most unflattering way possible.

2) Having a glut of D prospects makes it okay to trade them - The Penguins should absolutely be looking to make deals that see them fill holes with their assets. But undervaluing an asset you're selling while simultaneously overvaluing the asset you're buying is horrible.

Mark Cuban would never pay $1,000,000 for a Civic just because he's rich and needs a car.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
They were talking about the trade on Root Sports and they showed a highlight of Brenden scoring a goal where he was wide open in front of the net and whiffing on the pass from the corner and it barely going in.

probably not a great sign.:laugh:

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Apparently Boston's willing to offer Subban and a 1st, and I'd prbably add that prospect that they were gonna send to Dallas...

So can we beat that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad