Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Josh Archibald to a 3 year ELC

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
There we go! Just fire Bylsma and get a good GM and that's 4 good moves and we haven't hit the real offseason yet.

nape

Feb 27, 2013
Wow the move to become faster and grittier has started already.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
i liked archibald, but wasnt super impressed by his skating, strength, or shot in the game i saw him play. granted it was his debut and he probably was all over the place mentally.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
So Crosby's winger then? I mean ****, Hobey Baker... am I right?? Butterball genius status: confirmed.

#Butterball5YearExtension #IfButterSaysBelieveIWillBelieve

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
He just wouldn't have gotten credit for something he did, plus it's been a ****** week or Shero.

But why does credit matter when you're signing a prospect to an ELC?

Not saying it was a surefire signing... but the odds were that whomever was the GM was going to sign him (vs letting him walk - especially with our lack of F depth). Basically... he was going to get signed... who actually signed him doesn't mean much, whether that was Shero's last act or the new GMs (Botterill's) first act.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
But why does credit matter when you're signing a prospect to an ELC?

Not saying it was a surefire signing... but the odds were that whomever was the GM was going to sign him (vs letting him walk - especially with our lack of F depth). Basically... he was going to get signed... who actually signed him doesn't mean much, whether that was Shero's last act or the new GMs (Botterill's) first act.

It was a pretty throw away comment, tbh, and sarcastic. But after some thought, it probably would suck if your last act was credited to someone else, that on top of getting fired. It just seems like it would be adding some salt to the wound. So, yeah, it probably would suck for Shero if he cares about something like that.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Totally expected after his ATO in WBS that ended is NCAA career, but nonetheless, first day as interim GM, and he sign a Forward :D

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Word on the street is that Sundqvists agent is in ongoing negotiations with the Penguins and that he's expected to sign shortly. He for one seems confident that he'll sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad