Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Jeff Taylor to 2 year elc

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Does anyone have a scounting report on him? It is really hard for me to follow college hockey in Germany

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That makes 25 contracts for next yr.

Need to signs:
1. Bones or other 3C
2. Sunny
3. Sheary
4. Archibald
5. Schultz
6. Dumo
7. Pouliot
8. Corrado

Makes 33 contracts.

May be re-up'ed:
1. Sestito
2. Hainsey
3. Gaunce
4. Wars
5. Ruh
6. Dea
7. Garrett Wilson

Even signing all of these would make 40 contracts out of the 50 limit.
So theres Still LOTS of room to add some players via college/euro/AHL/NHL FA.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I thought he was one of the ones that was moving on, no?

I remember him vaguely from camp this year but not too much beyond that. Good for him though, WBS could use the players.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That makes 25 contracts for next yr.

Need to signs:
1. Bones or other 3C
2. Sunny
3. Sheary
4. Archibald
5. Schultz
6. Dumo
7. Pouliot
8. Corrado

Makes 33 contracts.

May be re-up'ed:
1. Sestito
2. Hainsey
3. Gaunce
4. Wars
5. Ruh
6. Dea
7. Garrett Wilson

Even signing all of these would make 40 contracts out of the 50 limit.
So theres Still LOTS of room to add some players via college/euro/AHL/NHL FA.

You really think they are re-signing Pouliot?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
You really think they are re-signing Pouliot?

Well, LV might talk to him. Doubt they do though.
Maybe theres a team out there that would give a Bennett like return that JR would consider.
But other than that, yea, they'll sign him.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yes. 100%. Unless he demands a trade and refuses to sign.

The Penguins would 100% sign him. Above that, he has ZERO leverage.

You're assuming the Penguins want him though. It doesn't take Sullivan long to yank him out of the line-up after a screw up, nor does it take JR long to send him back down to WBS.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Basic asset management says sign DP. Cost won't make any substantial difference to the cap and losing him for nothing at this stage of the career is no bueno.

I don't know much about Taylor but seem to remember him getting some play as a skilled PMD type who struggled when he tried to play more of a defensive first style. I will take the chance offered here though to throw out a hat tip to my alma mater for making Taylor available for this ATO.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You're assuming the Penguins want him though. It doesn't take Sullivan long to yank him out of the line-up after a screw up, nor does it take JR long to send him back down to WBS.

You're assuming they don't though.

If it was common for teams to just "not sign" guys in Pouliot's situation, there could be a discussion. But because it's not, it's a question only you are asking.

If you could, give us a comparable situation where the dman wasn't sign because the team "didn't want him".

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Because they've stated time and again - and recently - that they still have a lot of faith in him despite his struggles. Within the last month the org rated him as their 3rd best prospect behind Guentzel and Sprong.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
If nothing else, the team has been signing a slew of 'ahl defenseman' over the last few years to fill out spots in the A and call-up as necessary. Ruhwedel, Gaunce, Warsofsky. Pouliot may never be more than one of those guys and while it's disappointing given pedigree and draft position and all of that, those guys obviously still have value.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Taylor and Bengtsson are the same age (literally born one day apart) and similar in size (think Taylor has a foot and 10 lbs on Bengtsson). Here's hoping that one of 'em can develop into a #6 PP guy.

Taylor has a winning pedigree - won a USHL title and a NCAA one. His freshman year he was Gostisbehere's partner.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Taylor seems like an ok prospect. In limited viewings, he didn't impress, but again limited viewings.

Seems weak on the puck, has an awkward skating style like GoGo, and I didn't find him to be a strong skater.

We'll see how he does, but ya... their blueline farm blows right now.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
And just for reference's sake, Pouliot is younger than each of Prow, Bengtsson, and Taylor.

He's been around for so long that people tend to forget that.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Taylor and Bengtsson are the same age (literally born one day apart) and similar in size (think Taylor has a foot and 10 lbs on Bengtsson). Here's hoping that one of 'em can develop into a #6 PP guy.

Taylor has a winning pedigree - won a USHL title and a NCAA one. His freshman year he was Gostisbehere's partner.

That would be a pretty marked difference in size :laugh:

I'm guessing you meant an inch. Anyway, more grain for the mill and good luck to him.

Speaking of more grain for the mill, that's why Pouliot will get a new contract. Maybe he gets traded for a bag of pucks upon signing it, but no NHL team is walking away from a 23 year old in this situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad