Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Eric Fehr (3 years, $2M per)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Eric Fehr with Mark Madden
Surgery: freak play, stick jammed in elbow, hope to be ready close to beginning of season. Happy with surgery and how it has progressed. Cast is off, out of sling "I'm walking around normal again.."
Overall health: feels unbelievable, training great, feels like better hockey is still ahead
What can you contribute: can do number of things, came into league as scoring winger, morphed to checking center, takes pride as 3rd line shut down center, comfortable on scoring wing too
Strongest position: center, last two years solidified that, like challenge takes pride in
Physical guys come to PIT turn into finesse players: played same style whole career, like to use body, difficult to play against especially in D-zone and in corners
How many teams in FA, why PIT: talked to quite a few teams, biggest factor with PIT was fit and role on team, likes what PIT has to offer, being 3rd line center but also opportunity to play wing with 87-71, wants to win Pens have good chance to win
What about Left Wing: I can play any position, played LW for a year when Oates was coach
Ovies teammate: good relationship and lot of respect for Ovie
How do you see the Pens: high powered offense, proven they can win, ability to win, every team makes changes so hopefuly these tweaks work
Kessel: pure goal scorer, put him with 87 or 71 gonna be exciting
Book: something was thinking for few years but never had a storyline, just came to him one day story about a mean bulldozer at school, supper happy with it
You hate the Flyers, right: yeah we can definitely agree on that

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
How come all the Cap fans keep saying Fehr is injury prone all of a sudden? lol hilarious

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Fehr is doing all kinds of interviews Cool. Maybe they will unveil him, Kessel and Bonino all at the same time.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Added bonus, Fehr won't slaughter us when we play the Caps anymore. I swear he played some of his best games against us.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Added bonus, Fehr won't slaughter us when we play the Caps anymore. I swear he played some of his best games against us.

9 goals in 24 games against us. Would be a 30 goal scorer if he played us 82 games a year.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
How come all the Cap fans keep saying Fehr is injury prone all of a sudden? lol hilarious

Since becoming a regular NHL player, he missed 25% of his team's regular season games and 41% of his team's playoff games. He's never played a full season either, the closest he came to that is this year (75 games), but he got injured in the first round and was only available in Game 7 of the second round. He will miss the start of the season for you.

He's not very durable, unfortunately. Still a great guy and a solid bottom 6 all around forward. You'll love him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Since becoming a regular NHL player, he missed 25% of his team's regular season games and 41% of his team's playoff games. He's never played a full season either, the closest he came to that is this year (75 games), but he got injured in the first round and was only available in Game 7 of the second round. He will miss the start of the season for you.

He's not very durable, unfortunately. Still a great guy and a solid bottom 6 all around forward. You'll love him.

Why, he sounds like an ideal Pen then. He's already showing his commitment by being injured before the season even starts.

Seems like a true team player.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
pretty sure this scenario played out exactly like we said it would earlier, with Fehr replacing Sutter.

Getting Bonino is a bit of a surprise. They might have acquired Sutter's immediate and long term replacement on the same day, though it depends on what they can do with Bonino's skating.

A lot of us on the board wanted Fehr, but I assumed that Scuds would need to go first as we couldn't dump Sutter without a replacement. Also was the possibility Fehr was waiting on the Caps to free space, but Holtby killed that idea. Turns out Sutter got us Bonino, who I am ok with. Bonino and Fehr can both play wing too.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
The fact Bonino & Fehr can both play wing is really key imo. They'll be able to patch the top 6 or stack it up at the end of a period or a game whenever a top 6 guy isn't playing right.

Versatile strong bottom 6 C = Aaaaah Yesssss!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I see Fehr as a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy. I primarily see him as a center on the 4th line if everyone's healthy, but it'll be a 4th line that actually takes a regular shift and isn't hidden. I figure he replaces Sutter's PK minutes and I could see him being a front-net guy on the PP also. Maybe not regularly, but just to give a different look or to save Hornqvist from getting too battered.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012

Fehr enough;)

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I see Fehr as a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy. I primarily see him as a center on the 4th line if everyone's healthy, but it'll be a 4th line that actually takes a regular shift and isn't hidden. I figure he replaces Sutter's PK minutes and I could see him being a front-net guy on the PP also. Maybe not regularly, but just to give a different look or to save Hornqvist from getting too battered.

I am a fan of transcendent bottom 6 guys. Ones that can play several roles... people mistake "roleplayers" as one dimensional players.. there is nothing wrong with having a couple guys who excel at only one thing, but when you have too many of them you get predictable and easy to scheme against. take a look at the pens top 11 forwards right now... can anyone say with any certainty which of those guys wont score 20 goals or more this year?... There are plenty of guys who can chip in when needed, that doesn't mean they all need to score 20 for the pens to win, but they all have some ability to score as well as play the respective roles they were brought in for....

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The guys we traded for today are the kinds of guys you look back on after you win a Cup and say, "we couldn't have done it without those guys." Fehr was a Pens killer - nice to see him on our side.

I see him a lot like Comeau. Can play all 4 lines. Can play center or wing. Good signing.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
What a day for Old Man Rutherford. Hard to say his tenure (on balance) has been anything but good at this point. Nice job. Keep those Asst. GMs and Morehouse at bay, Jimmy!

Brooks Laich changed the flat tire.

Yeah but only because Fehr convinced him it was the right thing to do. Laich has no moral compass –*I heard it on the internets.

Annnnd. Nickname determined: Dozer. Let's see...

Perron - Krullsby - Horny
Plotinum - Geno - Thrill (Burger? Might be pretty cool to occasionally see a line of Beauner - Bonr - Burger)
Beauner - Bonr - Duper
Sunny - Dozer - NAFY (Not Adams F*** Yeah!)

Sorry, it's the best I could do. I'm tired.

Now to shore up the

d-fense.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad