Confirmed with Link: Pens sign college FA Jack St.Ivany

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I have no idea why college free agents think it’s desirable to sign with us…lol….maybe they see ZAR, but he was an outlier…none of them get much playing time on the big club…

Reactions: Pens x

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I have no idea why college free agents think it’s desirable to sign with us…lol….maybe they see ZAR, but he was an outlier…none of them get much playing time on the big club…
They sign here because we have shitty prospects and as such their competition is weaker.

Also there clearly was some sort of relationship here as this kid was a Hextall pick.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Marino? DOC got a shot almost right away too

edit: forgot Marino was drafted, but unheralded late rounder is still a perfectly good comparable

DeSmith was recent enough too.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
6’3” righty with a cool name. 👍🏻

I agree with this.

However, beyond that, can anyone give us a good reason for why we should care? I'm assuming he's just going to be the next Maniscalco and disappoint....

And yet, on the verge of the start of our prospect poll rankings, this dude is probably in the top 5 :cry:

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think it doesn’t have as much to do with college FAs being given opportunities in the past or prospect or NHL depth or anything. I think we probably just have nice geography (WB/S and Pitt) and open contract spaces. Philly is somehow at 46 NHL contracts with 3 RFAs left to sign, they had no room for him. We have plenty of space and probably offered him as much as anyone contract-wise.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah I saw he wasn't signing with the Flyers and figured the Penguins would have the inside track at signing him. Interesting lottery ticket going forward IMO.

Reactions: NJPens66

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
He’s a guy that caught my eye last year. Was putting up some big numbers but seemed to cool off towards the end of the season.

I predict he tops out somewhere between John Marino and Josh Maniscalco.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Very little on the Flyers forum but did see this:

Jack St. Ivany’s Mom just came into my work. I did my best at trying to convince her to convince him to sign with the Flyers, but she sounded noncommittal, haha.

Marty McSorley came in yesterday, and we chatted all things hockey for about 15 minutes. Couldn’t have been a nicer guy.

I guess I’m in a hockey hot bed here.

Could be a Flyers hater like us.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Can't wait for next year when the I get to hear how Sullivan/Hex are holding him back from coming up and tearing up the league 😂
Cant wait to hear people defend Sully’s decision to play Arhibald or whichever turd that undeservingly makes the team on a PTO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad