Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Sens | March 23rd

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So Boucher in his post game conference says that the overtime is a crapshoot.

I honestly think that the shootout is more of a crapshoot than overtime.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Honestly, I have a gut feeling that we are going to be okay.

Claesson played great when he was in the lineup and should help with the offence.....oddly enough.

I doubt that he will be on the first line with Karlsson but maybe we can expect more then a dump to the corner now when our LD gets the puck. PK will be fine, trust the system.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
"[Crosby] puts his stick in as (Methot) is trying to shoot the puck in and unfortunately it hits his finger," Karlsson said. "It turns out worse than most other times, plays like that happen all the time, but I don't think it was intentional or dirty."

-Erik Karlsson to CBC

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
NHL.com being real shady. They have OTT at 73 games played but record shows 40-24-8 when it's supposed to be 41-24-8!? Update the stats maaaan! OTTs at 90pts in 73 games not 88!!!!!

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
And I kid you not, on the opening faceoff of overtime the Root Sports announcers said Crosby chose to play the puck forward and give it to the Sens.

Root Sports your home for NHL Trump Facts.

Trump Facts are copyrighted by Trump Media LLC, and are defined as any lie that will be believed by the target audience because they want it to be true

Alternative faceoff win

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
had a family of pens fans sit near me and my bud, they couldn't last half a period until they had to get an usher to move away from us. :) .

--
Don't think Methot will suit up again until vegas opening game.

You're lucky they didn't just chuck you out of the building.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
And I kid you not, on the opening faceoff of overtime the Root Sports announcers said Crosby chose to play the puck forward and give it to the Sens.

Trump Facts are copyrighted by Trump Media LLC, and are defined as any lie that will be believed by the target audience because they want it to be true

An interesting tactic, considering that Ceci and Pageau could easily have ended it before Penguins ever touched the puck.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Now that is funny!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
"[Crosby] puts his stick in as (Methot) is trying to shoot the puck in and unfortunately it hits his finger," Karlsson said. "It turns out worse than most other times, plays like that happen all the time, but I don't think it was intentional or dirty."

-Erik Karlsson to TSN

That's the bottom line, Cindy gets hooked, punched, kicked every period of every game. Retaliation is the name of the game. :popcorn:

Anywho, great game SENS, where are the naysayers now????.....

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Good story here for all you Boro haters- Jim Rutherford and the Pens were staying at the Brookstreet and he and another Pens staffer were sitting at the bar discussing a story about Marian Hossa talked to Rutherford about how happy he was Boro wasn't in the lineup when they played Ottawa (this was from a few years ago obviously when he played for the pens). Anyways you all ask why coaches love him and there's your answer. If Marian Hossa hates playing against him then clearly he does something well.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Good story here for all you Boro haters- Jim Rutherford and the Pens were staying at the Brookstreet and he and another Pens staffer were sitting at the bar discussing a story about Marian Hossa talked to Rutherford about how happy he was Boro wasn't in the lineup when they played Ottawa (this was from a few years ago obviously when he played for the pens). Anyways you all ask why coaches love him and there's your answer. If Marian Hossa hates playing against him then clearly he does something well.

When Hossa played for the Penguins, Boro was playing for the Smiths Falls Bears.

Boro missed the game against the Blackhawks a week ago, so maybe that's it?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Hossa dominates us everytime he plays?

Why is my favorite all time player speaking nonsense.

But at the same time. Yeah. Boro hits. And he's physical. You can no like playing against someone. But still dominate them handedly. I know it's not an example and I'm sure I'll hear some out of date "soccer?! Soccers not hockey?! Hockey's a man sport!" Comments. But in soccer. There were some incredibly sloppy tacklers that I hated playing against. They were absolutely terrible. And chances were if they were in the other teams lineup we would blow the other team out. But we would leave the game with a few cuts from the studs. (Also they would usually get a red card).

So. Would I have rather won WITHOUT getting constantly clamored into sloppily and risking broken ankles. Yeah. So that's what Hossa is saying. I think.

Also. Wasn't Hossas trainer Randy lee?

18 year olds are impressionable. Ever since Marian broke into the league he's probably been hearing Randy lee talk about the chosen one who will be born of kanata with unbelievable grit and heart. Who will come to save the senators. Hossa, subconsciously, probably still fears Lees prophecy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pens are playing pretty well for a injured team. You can see why they are one of the best teams in the league.

Disciplined & defensively responsible all over the ice, a very good game if you like defensive hockey & at this time of yr we are going to see a lot of it. Nice to see the Sens can hang with the Stanley Cup Champions right into the shootout. They also hung with the Hawks well into the 3rd period & deserved a better fate & the Hawks are another very good disciplined team.

So Boucher in his post game conference says that the overtime is a crapshoot.

I honestly think that the shootout is more of a crapshoot than overtime.

You're both right.

But at the same time. Yeah. Boro hits. And he's physical. You can no like playing against someone. But still dominate them handedly. I know it's not an example and I'm sure I'll hear some out of date "soccer?! Soccers not hockey?! Hockey's a man sport!" Comments. But in soccer. There were some incredibly sloppy tacklers that I hated playing against. They were absolutely terrible. And chances were if they were in the other teams lineup we would blow the other team out. But we would leave the game with a few cuts from the studs. (Also they would usually get a red card).

So. Would I have rather won WITHOUT getting constantly clamored into sloppily and risking broken ankles. Yeah. So that's what Hossa is saying. I think.

18 year olds are impressionable. Ever since Marian broke into the league he's probably been hearing Randy lee talk about the chosen one who will be born of kanata with unbelievable grit and heart. Who will come to save the senators. Hossa, subconsciously, probably still fears Lees prophecy.

More wish wash nonsense. :shakehead

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
They should have. Can't stand sitting near ****** like that. Regardless of if they're wearing a Sens jersey or another teams jersey.

I don't think Mika cares.

It's an interesting topic, heckling fans of other teams. Personally, I don't see much of an issue with it. They choose to bring their entire family into an opposing team's barn, that's their prerogative. What can they honestly expect, there are 18,000 people, some of them are going to be jerks (no offence, Mika ;)) You're in opposing team gear, you might as well have a target on your back. But there is a line to be drawn regarding the types of things being said.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
It's an interesting topic, heckling fans of other teams. Personally, I don't see much of an issue with it. They choose to bring their entire family into an opposing team's barn, that's their prerogative. What can they honestly expect, there are 18,000 people. You're in opposing team gear, you might as well have a target on your back. But there is a line to be drawn regarding the types of things being said.

Reminds me of the time I was in Maple Leaf Gardens in the 90's wearing a YA$HIN jersey. Lots of good heckling, but I think if the SENS had won that night, I might have been lining up for a few fights! :sarcasm:

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

Hossa and Boro have played 4 games against each other. In one game, Hossa left with an injury after 3 minutes of play. In the other 3 games, he has 1 assist. That's not to say Boro deserves all the credit, but your soccer comparison doesn't work here for Hossa versus Boro; he's had very little success in those games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad