Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: Dr Strangedubas "Tankination" is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I want no part of Zegras. Bad vibes.
Zegras is a f***ing tool, aside from from goofy ass Michigan goals in meaningless games in the middle of blow outs, he brings NOTHING! He's horrendous defensively, cant win a faceoff to save his f***ing life, his cute little dekes lead to horrible giveaways and odd man rushes, and take terribly undisciplined penalties at the worst times, he's pretty much the worst parts of everything people hate about Malkin when he's totaly ice cold and off his game.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Zegras is a f***ing tool, aside from from goofy ass Michigan goals in meaningless games in the middle of blow outs, he brings NOTHING! He's horrendous defensively, cant win a faceoff to save his f***ing life, his cute little dekes lead to horrible giveaways and odd man rushes he's pretty much the worst parts of Malkin without and of Malkin accomplishments.
He will be trade by Anaheim for some defense.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Rakell, he of 37 points in this here top 6, is absolutely a problem on this squad. There’s a lot of dead weight and he’s one of them. I struggle to notice him in any meaningful way on the ice. He’s kind of just there.

And ohh boy are the pens stuck with him. Just like they’re stuck with graves and acciari and smith and jarry.

I’m glad they gave the sharks their pick this year because next year it’s going to be the same exact thing. They’ve got almost no cap room because of all these locked up turds and they're going to be ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rakell, he of 37 points in this here top 6, is absolutely a problem on this squad. There’s a lot of dead weight and he’s one of them. I struggle to notice him in any meaningful way on the ice. He’s kind of just there.

I mean yeah, players who don't get substantial powerplay time usually end up producing around that.

Zucker had an amazing season last year and he only had like 48 points.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

And ohh boy are the pens stuck with him. Just like they’re stuck with graves and acciari and smith and jarry.

I’m glad they gave the sharks their pick this year because next year it’s going to be the same exact thing. They’ve got almost no cap room because of all these locked up turds and they're going to be ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT.
I agree. I've had no shortage of bad takes this season but I thought it was weird how often Rakell was seen as playing better than Guentzel, especially earlier in the year. I wouldn't miss him.

(Rust of course was the opposite, getting undue hate during a real rebound season.)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah with the time missed, Raks had a decent season. Way better 2nd half than 1st half, obvs.

Yeah I wouldn't say he had a good year, but what he did this year is fairly in line with an "okay year" for the caliber of player he is. Had he played all 82 games, he would have had like 20 goals and 45 points. Which isn't anything all that special, but it's about what you'd expect a guy without PP production would be getting.

As long as he's not getting PP1 minutes, the expectation for him over a full season should be like 20 goals and 50 points per 82 games. He didn't quite hit that, but he also wasn't much below that either.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not particularly eager for the Pens to go out and acquire bottom six players this offseason. There are enough veteran bottom sixers on the team already. Fill in the remaining spots with prospects. Rotate prospects until you find ones that give you reason to keep them around. Don't give the coaching staff any chance to play vets over them.

Top six? Sure, let's make some trades to change things up (Smith and Rakell out, new players in, basically). Just don't bring in players specifically for the bottom six at this point.

Defense? Move Graves, if possible. If you can improve on what you've got, go ahead, but I'm fine with starting the season with the group that played the last few games (plus Ludvig as a number 7). Maybe let Shea walk and give another prospect a chance on the bottom pairing instead.

Goal? Well, after playing Ned the last 13 games of the season, including a meaningless final away game, I can't see how they keep Jarry. Re-sign Ned to something reasonable, and bring up Blomqvist to back him up.

Dubas talking about needing to get younger. I want to see him prove that he will, this summer.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
That’s a lot of dreaming. lol.

I think a trade and a free agent is coming though.
Saw this on hockeybuzz.com- And no it wasn't Eklund who posted the 2024-2025 penguins foward lineup.
Bertuzzi - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rak
Duclair - Domi - (5 ish mill player)
DOC - Eller - pulju

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

You mean to tell me a player came in looking good when he first arrived, but then slowly started to regress the longer he was around this coaching staff?

It's like there's a link there but I'm not seeing it.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The biggest move they could make this offseason is if there's truth to Ottawa having interest in Karlsson. If they could unload that contract it's a total game changer.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Its been a great year folks!
hark.jpg

Reactions: Darren McCord

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The biggest move they could make this offseason is if there's truth to Ottawa having interest in Karlsson. If they could unload that contract it's a total game changer.

There's other Canadian teams that'll have significant interest in Karlsson if we're being honest. (Toronto & Calgary)

I'd rather move Letang though. Not sure if that's as possible/probable.

----

Part of me wants a separate Goalie/Defense/Forward trade-salary talk for the Summer here. But the other part knows it'll get mucked up with the same names mentioned in each. Maybe a goalie thread is the safest bet?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The good news is it will be virtually impossible for Dubas to screw up the bottom six any worse than he did last off season.

Reactions: dueling mullets

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
There's other Canadian teams that'll have significant interest in Karlsson if we're being honest. (Toronto & Calgary)

I'd rather move Letang though. Not sure if that's as possible/probable.

----

Part of me wants a separate Goalie/Defense/Forward trade-salary talk for the Summer here. But the other part knows it'll get mucked up with the same names mentioned in each. Maybe a goalie thread is the safest bet?
I'd rather move Letang also, but (a) THE CORE and (b) I'd guess Karlsson would be a lot more marketable. I don't see Toronto having the cap space for him and I'd guess he wouldn't approve a trade to Calgary - we at least know he'd go to Ottawa. But hey, maybe Montreal wants to bring Kris home to end his career. That would be fine.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don't think Pittsburgh is where you come to revitalized your goaltending career. Dman, maybe. Goalie or forward? No.

Ned literally just did it.

Only 32 jobs.

Don’t agree at all.

I’d happily move Rakell because we need more goal scoring and he sucks at finishing and getting his shot off— but I definitely notice him winning pucks, keeping possession. Doesn’t hit but hes solid along the walls. Unfortunately that’s not really what you’re paying him for.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Rakell would make a good complimentary piece in an already-great top 6. He's not the kind of player that moves the needle the way a guy like Guentzel does, though. The Pens need a difference-maker - someone who can drive the offense as Malkin diminishes with age - in Rakell's spot on line 2. I think the same thing about Reilly Smith. These are third-wheel type players, and the Pens need more help than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad