Recalled/Assigned: Pens recall Scrabbles and Philip Samuelsson per source

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Was just about to post the same thing. Will be interesting to see Samuelsson. How does he play?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Good for Philip. Guess they figured they'd go with established chemistry -- I'd imagine he'll play with Despres if he ever needs to get into a game.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Good for Philip. Guess they figured they'd go with established chemistry -- I'd imagine he'll play with Despres if he ever needs to get into a game.

With Engelland out due to suspension and Letang likely missing out at least this one, I'd guess he will playing as we only have Niskanen, Despres, Bortuzzo, Dumolin, Maatta and that is it. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If there the only 2 players getting the call up i think it would be good news for Letang, with Engo getting suspended you would think they would call up 2 players to have 7 healthy def if Letang was going to be out.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
2Y2BG

(too young to be good)

If someone told me that at one point in the season our oldest dman was going to be 27 years old, I would have laughed in their face. :laugh:

It is a bit funny that Nisky alone has 3X the experience the rest do combined though.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If there the only 2 players getting the call up i think it would be good news for Letang, with Engo getting suspended you would think they would call up 2 players to have 7 healthy def if Letang was going to be out.

Scuds may be back soon.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If someone told me that at one point in the season our oldest dman was going to be 27 years old, I would have laughed in their face. :laugh:

It is a bit funny that Nisky alone has 3X the experience the rest do combined though.

imagine if this group actually plays great against a team like the Leafs......

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
imagine if this group actually plays great against a team like the Leafs......

It'll definitely be interesting how they fare against one of the teams that have given us issues in transition.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh

really? how long have you been a Penguins fan? This is the same team that a couple years ago had Staal, Letestu, Talbot and Adams as their centers in the PLAYOFFS.

If someone told me that one point in the season our oldest dman was going to be 27 years old, i'd say "oh, so its going to be another one of those seasons?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

No, it means the opposite. They only had 1 available roster spot, which means someone will have to go on IR to fit the 2 callups.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
really? how long have you been a Penguins fan? This is the same team that a couple years ago had Staal, Letestu, Talbot and Adams as their centers in the PLAYOFFS.

If someone told me that one point in the season our oldest dman was going to be 27 years old, i'd say "oh, so its going to be another one of those seasons?

I don't know. I think losing 5 dmen at the same time is insane even for us.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
Why not Pouliot? Coaches were so high on him in the preseason

Can't be recalled from the WHL unless there's an emergency situation where you don't have time to fly a player from the AHL to wherever your team is playing. That's how Pechursky played a game for the Pens in Vancouver while still in the WHL.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh

it's only a temporary call up. even D'Agostino would be a better option in the short term because he at least has pro experience and knows the system. Pouliot would most likely be a disaster, jumping from Juniors to mid-season NHL play, without knowledge of the systems and all that.

penguins2946*

Our lineup:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Sutter-Megna
Conner-Vitale-Kobasew
Scrabbles-Sill-Adams

Niskanen-Despres
Maatta-Bortuzzo
Dumoulin-Samuelsson

That lineup is straight ass. At least KCD is still together :(

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Can't be recalled from the WHL unless there's an emergency situation where you don't have time to fly a player from the AHL to wherever your team is playing. That's how Pechursky played a game for the Pens in Vancouver while still in the WHL.

Exactly. And not only that, but Pouliot is on his way to Europe and poised to be one of the go-to guys on the Team Canada defense. He is not eligible to be recalled from junior anyway, but even if he was, would you want to rob him of this opportunity? The answer is absolutely not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad