Pre-Game Talk: Pens/Rangers talk (Remember...afternoon game on Saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Probably gonna be a tough one, the Rangers have been pretty much embarrassed two straight games so you'd think they'd come out playing hard.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Rangers are going to be hungry. Assuming Vokoun starts tomorrow and Flower Sunday. I hope we can sweep this back to back

What a great road trip this would have been!

Let's go Pens 8 in a row please!!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Rangers are going to be hungry. Assuming Vokoun starts tomorrow and Flower Sunday. I hope we can sweep this back to back

What a great road trip this would have been!

Let's go Pens 8 in a row please!!

Road trip? Our two games this weekend are home games.

Actually looking at the schedule 7 of our next 8 games are at home with the 1 road game being against the Islanders. This is a huge home stand for us to cement ourselves at the top of the conference. Despite being home games they are some tough contests though. We play:

Rangers
Boston
Caps
Away vs Isles
Flyers
Habs
Jets
Isles

I wouldn't say any of those are looking like gimmies. The Caps are playing better than they were earlier in the season and the Isles usually play us tough despite how that last game went against them. Either way you'd expect them to come at us pretty hard after how we embarrassed them.

Still, with that many home games we should be able to make some hay.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009

Actually looking at the schedule 7 of our next 8 games are at home with the 1 road game being against the Islanders. This is a huge home stand for us to cement ourselves at the top of the conference. Despite being home games they are some tough contests though. We play:

Rangers
Boston
Caps
Away vs Isles
Flyers
Habs
Jets
Isles

I wouldn't say any of those are looking like gimmies. The Caps are playing better than they were earlier in the season and the Isles usually play us tough despite how that last game went against them. Either way you'd expect them to come at us pretty hard after how we embarrassed them.

Assuming he means going to NY / Boston.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Assuming he means going to NY / Boston.

Rangers
Boston
Caps
Away vs Isles
Flyers
Habs
Jets
Isles

Sorry I meant it for a fan of the Pens that doesn't live in Pittsburgh. Would be an awesome trip to catch both games

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Will probably put the GDT up late tonight.

We normally have the Rangers number, they're not playing that great lately. Reckon we'll win.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Right, that's what I meant, road trip to the Burgh. Would have loved to too this weekend, perfect time to.

If we can push it to eight with a healthy win against the Rags, tomorrow would be terrific. NYR board will meltdown too.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Not that it makes a difference but we won't see Asham on the ice in his return as he's having back issues.
I think we'll see a physical and emotional Ranger's team. They're going to come out flying. This could be the KO punch if we beat them.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Pens have been squeaking out wins lately, sometimes a sign of a mini slump upcoming. I think the pens are on a 7 game winning streak against both the rangers and overall right now, so probably due for a loss as well. Plus it's an early game...for some reason i'm not feeling super confident about this one.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
What is up with the Rags this season? They have enough talent on the roster that I wouldn't expect them to be struggling to keep a playoff spot. Philly doesn't surprise me quite as much because their D is pretty terrible but I thought the Pens would be competing for 1st in the Atlantic with the Rangers for sure.

Nei1ey*

Don't see us matching the desperation of NY so I'm predicting a loss. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Would be nice if we were the reason Torts would get fired!!!

a_190x190.jpg

Arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad