Pens Predict: Game 3 (08 OCT, vs WPG)

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
First off- I apologize for last game. Thanks again, @Clare2904 for covering. Feel free to post the Pens Predict thread on game day if I have not posted within 6 hours of puck drop (usually 1PM EST day of). Will do my best to ensure that does not happen, but sometimes life happens.

I'm posting this a day early because I need folks to review the scoreboard. If you feel there has been a mistake or are unsure of the rules, now is a great time to ask. No surprise that @Killahpunk is back at the top, but the season is early and the scores should remain tight. Those of you who still have goose eggs, don't worry as everyone is prone to multiple 0-point nights throughout the season. Last year we saw a TON of leaderboard shifting (at least spots 3-10) up until the final week.

Results from games 1 and 2:

Game 1 03 OCT vs BUF
--------------------
3-1 BUF
Sheary
Sobotka, Closing Hand on Puck
Sheary, Mittelstadt, Malkin

Game 2 05 OCT vs CBJ
--------------------
7-2 Pens
Hornqvist
Anderson, Cross-Checking
McCann, Hornqvist, Letang

[LEADERBOARD]
Pens-Predict-OCT12.png

[OFFICIAL RULES]

1) Get your post in before puck-drop! Posts made after the game begins will not count. If you edit your post, be sure to complete the edit before the game begins.

2) Posts MUST be made in this fashion:
Score-Score, Victor (i.e. 5-4, Pens) | Worth 3 points, all or nothing
First Goal Scorer (i.e. Sid/Geno, etc - if redundant names, use a first initial too) | Worth 2 points
First Penalty, Offender (i.e. Slashing, Hornqvist) | Worth 1 point each for Penalty + Offender
Three Stars of the Game (i.e. Sid, Geno, Murray) | Worth 1 point each

3) You will be removed from the scoresheet after ~15 games of inactivity.

4) Scoring is simple: See rule #2. | 10 points are possible - however if someone gets all 10 points, they will also receive +5 bonus points for a total of 15.

** Still pondering prizes. I will update everyone accordingly **

My Prediction for Game 3:
5-2 Pens
Simon
JJ, Tripping
Sid, Simon, Guentzel

I PROMISE THESE POSTS WILL GET LESS WORDY

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
4-3 Pens
Laine
Pettersson, Holding
McCann, Laine, Hellebuyck

Last edited:

RSPens

May 25, 2015
5-2 Pens
Guentzel
Wheeler, Roughing
Guentzel, Sid, Petterson

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
He won't. He's in street clothes today at practice. Not even skating on his own like Galchenyuk was.
I'm worried.
Why are you worried? The Pens put up 7 goals and Malkin had points on none of them. The second line looked fantastic and the PP looked better after he left as well.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Why are you worried? The Pens put up 7 goals and Malkin had points on none of them. The second line looked fantastic and the PP looked better after he left as well.
Because we won't get to play a tired (2nd of B2B) and bad Columbus team, starting their rookie goalie every night.
Malkin was moving very well. Galchenyuk is coming alive too. Would have been a great season for the 2nd line.

This is so disappointing.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
I'm posting this a day early because I need folks to review the scoreboard. If you feel there has been a mistake or are unsure of the rules, now is a great time to ask. No surprise that @Killahpunk is back at the top, but the season is early and the scores should remain tight. Those of you who still have goose eggs, don't worry as everyone is prone to multiple 0-point nights throughout the season. Last year we saw a TON of leaderboard shifting (at least spots 3-10) up until the final week.
Thanks for running this. I wasn't able to see the leaderboard in your post, but I think I'm tied with @Killahpunk. We should both have 3 points (I predicted the 3-1 Sabres score correctly)

Here's what I have for the standings. Let me know if you have something different. This is my first season playing, so it's possible I have the rules wrong.

PlaceUsernamePts
T1kladorf20053
T1Killahpunk3
T3deathtouchtrampie2
T3Farnham4top62
T514 tied1
T1910 tied0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Lol can i change my pick for penalty since they just announced kulikov is taking a leave of absensce?

Anyway ill switch it to Beauilieu still tripping if so

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Lol can i change my pick for penalty since they just announced kulikov is taking a leave of absensce?

Anyway ill switch it to Beauilieu still tripping if so

You can edit anytime up until puck drop. When the post is listed as 'edited' with a time stamp (on my clock) beyond puck drop is when it'll be thrown out.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Thanks for running this. I wasn't able to see the leaderboard in your post, but I think I'm tied with @Killahpunk. We should both have 3 points (I predicted the 3-1 Sabres score correctly)

Here's what I have for the standings. Let me know if you have something different. This is my first season playing, so it's possible I have the rules wrong.

PlaceUsernamePts
T1kladorf20053
T1Killahpunk3
T3deathtouchtrampie2
T3Farnham4top62
T514 tied1
T1910 tied0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You and kladorf2005 have 3 points - Killahpunk has 4. You round out the top-3 on the leaderboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad