PENS PREDICT| Game 10 @ Ducks| 11/02/2016| 10:30 P.M.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
**MUCH LIKE THE NHL, I WANT SCORING TO BE UP, THEREFORE THE PENALTY PREDICTION WILL SCORED AS FOLLOWS - ONE POINT FOR GUESSING THE CORRECT PLAYER, ONE POINT FOR GUESSING THE CORRECT INFRACTION; YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GUESS BOTH CORRECTLY TO RECEIVE POINTS** I HAVE GONE BACK THROUGH THE FIRST TWO GAMES AND UPDATED SCORING ACCORDINGLY**

NOTICE: PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS/PICKS AFTER THE GAME HAS ALREADY BEGAN. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC FORFEITURE OF PICKS FOR THAT GAME RESULTING IN 0 POINTS.

Rules are as follows this year:

Predict the score of the game with the correct team winner (ex. 4-1 Pens) - Good for 2 points, but must select both the score and winner correctly to be awarded any points.
Predict the overall first goal scorer of the game - Good for 2 points.
Predict the three stars of the game as per NHL.com - Good for 1 point per star picked, up to 3 points total.
**Added** Predict the first penalty receiver and infraction of the game (ex. Malkin, Tripping) - Good for 2 points! If the first penalty is coincidental, points will be awarded for any of the players involved so long as that player was predicted, same goes for the type of infraction, but only 2 POINTS MAXIMUM can be awarded!

Total points possible - 9 (up from 7 in prior year).

Predict all FOUR categories correct and you receive a bonus of 4 points bringing the max points attainable to 13!

Results of Game 9 @ Flyers:

5-4 Pens
Voracek
Malkin, Voracek, Crosby
Provorov, Hooking

Scoring for Game 9:

4 molon labe
3 #1GuinFan
3 Anya6687
3 Farnham4top6
3 Rufus
2 Crafton
2 ncm7772
2 Nfumass
2 Ragamuffin Gunner
2 sf expat71
2 StaalForOne
2 SUBdrewgANS
2 Weakside Lock
1 Certified Assassin
1 Goalie Ledoux
1 Human
1 JimsDoors
1 LeafSadist
1 MetalheadPenguinsFan
1 RaySheroGM
1 RichWVU
1 TNT87
1 Ugene Malkin
1 wizmet12
0 DegenX
0 flaneur
0 Konstantin Koltsov
0 Randy Butternubs
0 vodeni
0 wheelz87

Standings thus far:

https://postimage.org/

My predictions @ Ducks:

3-1 Ducks
Perry
Perry, Getzlaf, Kessler
Kunitz, Tripping

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
To SUBdrewgANS:

I believe the most points happened 3 years ago, when two posters got all categories right, resulting in 8 points a piece (points available were lower then). They also received a tiny Stanley Cup besides their name for the entire season on the standings.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Pretty sure I've already eclipsed my point total from last year.

4-2 Pens
Cullen
Malkin, Getzlaf, Kessel
Kunitz, Tripping

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Respectfully, many of these predictions are based more on emotion than logic.

I am watching the Anaheim Ducks play the L.A. Kings on TV tonight (in a series called the "freeway face-off").

The Ducks are going to be tough. They have the Kings by the jugular and they aren't letting up.

The Ducks are winning the face-offs more than 60% of the time.

The Duck's goalie John Gibson (a Pittsburgh native) is playing solid, but he hasn't been tested much.

I hope the Pens are ready. I expect the game with the Ducks will be a real test. The game tonight has been very physical with a lot of hits and a few fights. Hopefully, the Kings will have softened the Ducks up for tomorrow's game.

Addendum:

Final: Ducks 4 - Kings 0

(This was the third straight shut-out of the Kings. Hasn't happened since 1969.)

Last edited:

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
Respectfully, many of these predictions are based more on emotion than logic. . . . .

I'll speak for myself and probably many others, this isn't any sort of serious prediction thread. The only prize at the end of the year is a terribly MSPaint'd avatar made by CPAssassin. It's just something to add tiny amounts of intrigue while watching the games.

Also if you looked at the average pick throughout the season, the Pens are probably 80-2 in these threads.

My Picks for this one:
Pens 3-1
Perry
Perry, Crosby, Murray
Malkin, slashing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad