GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so why did the bruins mail it in?

they basically are setting themsevles up to play either Tampa or Toronto.
where as they win out they had/have a good chance of playing the caps as things stand now.

that W2 *could* be the pens unlikely now but could, the next likely option is detroit. so just saying if i had to play detroit or the caps, vs Tampa or Toronto i know which way i'd go...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

where as they win out they had/have a good chance of playing the caps as things stand now.

that W2 *could* be the pens unlikely now but could, the next likely option is detroit. so just saying if i had to play detroit or the caps, vs Tampa or Toronto i know which way i'd go...

Why aren’t the Pens good enough to beat the Bruins with everything on the line for them and therefore be good enough to get into the playoffs on their own merit?

Reactions: Pens x

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

If Bruins really didn't want Tampa they would have mailed the Pens game in so they can play Toronto. Their motive was crystal clear to beat us so we wont make it in, or at least give Caps/Wings a chance. Pens should take offense to that and smoke Bruins every game next season, I sure would take offense to that and mark them on the calendar. I hope Leafs win today so Bruins play Tampa.

Reactions: Andy99

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hopefully the cards all fall in place as after tonight the Pens will either be out or back controlling their own destiny.

However, one ugly ending for Pens season would be Washington getting a late empty netter go ahead goal when Philly pulls the tender while tied, since only a regulation win works for them.

That's what you can get, or watching other negative outcomes, when you don't control your own destiny.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hope he’s wrong because if they’re looking to sell, then they won’t be terminating Sullivan’s contract any time soon, even if they could be convinced that’s the right decision hockey-wise…fire Sullivan first and then if they want to sell, have it lol
A new ownership group might not be blinded by their love of washed up Sullivan.

If Bruins really didn't want Tampa they would have mailed the Pens game in so they can play Toronto. Their motive was crystal clear to beat us so we wont make it in, or at least give Caps/Wings a chance. Pens should take offense to that and smoke Bruins every game next season, I sure would take offense to that and mark them on the calendar. I hope Leafs win today so Bruins play Tampa.
I dont think the Pens will remember that game when they play Boston next in 6+ months.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reason enough that there better be announcement by Thursday if we miss the playoffs that Sullivan has been fired and the assistant coaches will not be renewed lol…

Bye bye Todd Reirden.

Poor Sully having to work with so much incompetence around him. Feel terrible how badly this once in a generation coach has been treated by the Penguins.

• Haha

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Dubas is awesome, blame the core for wanting Sully around and Hextall for the extension. KD came into an almost impossible situation. He has a big mess to clean up because of others. So far so good, but it'll take time.
We don’t know why the organization is holding onto Sully. Just rumors.

I know for sure Dubas is not awesome.

Reactions: Pens x

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Bye bye Todd Reirden.

Poor Sully having to work with so much incompetence around him. Feel terrible how badly this once in a generation coach has been treated by the Penguins.
Nah. He’s loyal. Promote him to being the head of analytics. That can’t be all that complicated.

Who's ready to be disappointed?
You’d have to have some sort of positive expectations to be disappointed.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
God that Flyers lineup looks dreadful. Just gotta hope their desire to spoil overtakes a tired Washington team.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
*gotta break out our best prayers*

Dear 8 pound 6 ounce newborn infant Jesus… please let the Flyers and Canadiens win tonight. I will never ask for the Flyers to win again. But tonight.. just have the stars align and allow the results to favor the Pens. Amen.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
We don’t know why the organization is holding onto Sully. Just rumors.
Yes we do. Ownership are on record heaping praise on Sullivan, talking about plans for the long-term with him.
Basically he made an impression in initial talks with them (people who didn't know hockey at all), so they're going off feelings rather than results. Sully is good face to face with people.
It also really helps that he's from where he's from, and the connection with FSG there.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
As expected, Habs aren't putting out their best lineup. They need a loss to stay behind the Senators and the Coyotes

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I take it back, the Habs look like f***ing shit...if I had the ability to end a team's season do you know how pumped I'd be??? Weak shit

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Wow Flyers are gonna get screwed out of a goal here. Puck went up in the air off of Lindgren, but Lindgren was acting like he had it. So ref blew the whistle. Then it fell and bounced into the net.

Reactions: pensfan71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad