Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Panthers Tuesday at 7 PM: Feels good to be looking forward to games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
@chessarmy is making the GDT but there is a bunch of news happening so I wanted to compile it into the OP:

Pens have been playing well while ravaged by injuries, they played their last game with 5 of their top 9 forwards out, and a 1st pairing dman. Jared McCann is expected to play but Malkin, Bjugstad, Rust, Galchenyuk, and Dumolin are all out for tomorrow's game

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Raining Rats said the following:
"Ekblad has been good for the last two years. Ekblad not fixing his skating is his issue."

You stated the following:

"Neither player developed under Boughner. Math took steps back if anything."

Several posters rebutted this claim of yours stating Ekblad did improve last season, and thus did improve under Boughner. Because last season was his best season.

You then said the following:
“I don't know what you guys are reading.
I never said Ekblad hasn't been good. Skating aside, Ekblad looked good before Boughner and during his tenure. He probably looked the best in his rookie year (relatively speaking ofc). But was there any major development happening under Boughner? No.”

So you clearly stated than neither Ekblad or Matheson developed under Boughner. However, other posters disagreed with this and said he had his best season under Boughner!

Ekblad developing vs. being good. Two different things. I never said Ekblad has been bad or have never claimed that.

I disagree with Ekblad having taken any major steps forward under Boughner. Any major steps in his game would have to do with skating, since that has literally been the only thing stopping him from being a true #1. And his skating hasn't improved in any major way.

Reactions: batting1k

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
@chessarmy is making the GDT but there is a bunch of news happening so I wanted to compile it into the OP:

Pens have been playing well while ravaged by injuries, they played their last game without 5 of their top 9 forwards out, and a 1st pairing dman. Jared McCann is expected to play but Malkin, Bjugstad, Rust, Galchenyuk, and Dumolin are all out for tomorrow's game

Q seems to love matching Acciari against the other team's top line.

So I'm expecting the same this game.

Doubt Pysyk slots in as wing if Tro plays.

Kinda curious to see who starts in goal. No word yet. I think Monty should get it tbh.

Reactions: Boothinator

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Pens have been playing well while ravaged by injuries, they played their last game without 5 of their top 9 forwards out, and a 1st pairing dman. Jared McCann is expected to play but Malkin, Bjugstad, Rust, Galchenyuk, and Dumolin are all out for tomorrow's game

Nobody notice Acciari’s comment? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

AC41A29E-9442-4757-966D-B603DF8E926A.jpeg

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
That Penguins lineup is absolutely decimated. Cats really need to win this one if they want to be a team in playoff contention.

When the opposition is missing that many players...

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Ekblad developing vs. being good. Two different things. I never said Ekblad has been bad or have never claimed that.

I disagree with Ekblad having taken any major steps forward under Boughner. Any major steps in his game would have to do with skating, since that has literally been the only thing stopping him from being a true #1. And his skating hasn't improved in any major way.

Exactly! Yet, some posters stated he had his best season last season, and that was under Boughner!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So are lines are looking like:

HBD
Hoff - Tro? - Conn
Frankie - Boyle -Malgin
HAS

Ek - Weegs
MM - Strals
Yands - Brown/Pysyk

Bob
Monty

If for some reason Tro can't play, would you think Malgin moves up to 2C and Hawk takes his place as 3RW?

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
That Penguins lineup is absolutely decimated. Cats really need to win this one if they want to be a team in playoff contention.

We will get Pens on the front side of a back 2 back...I still dont wanna face Matt Murray. So maybe we get a break this time and face Tristan Jarry

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It'll be interesting to see if Brown is still holding his spot on the pair with Yands. He hasn't impressed much at all lately. Meanwhile, Pysyk has done a more than adequate job in forward the last two games. I wonder if he gets a shot on that pairing Tuesday?

Reactions: Egblad

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
It'll be interesting to see if Brown is still holding his spot on the pair with Yands. He hasn't impressed much at all lately. Meanwhile, Pysyk has done a more than adequate job in forward the last two games. I wonder if he gets a shot on that pairing Tuesday?
Yeah, I haven’t really noticed much if anything Brown has brought to the blue line so far this season.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Yeah, I haven’t really noticed much if anything Brown has brought to the blue line so far this season.

as a team that’s known to be easy to play against, he gives us some size, but that’s about it.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

None of their injuries are new, they are 6-3-0 with these guys out almost all year. Dumolin is the only player newly injured.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Newbie to Cats

What should I be looking for? I generally know Bob, Hoff, Bark, Huber (obv #9) what else?

Looking forward to the game; even planned my day around it so I can watch

Reactions: pantherbot

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Newbie to Cats

What should I be looking for? I generally know Bob, Hoff, Bark, Huber (obv #9) what else?

Looking forward to the game; even planned my day around it so I can watch

If you like grittier players then you'll quickly fall in love with Acciari #55 (or our 4th line in general) who brings it every single shift, causing havoc and pressure on opponent's D with good fore-check and wrecking ball play/style.
Also Weegar (RD/LD) #52, who was a 7th round pick who worked his way through juniors, AHL, bottom pairing in NHL to now be paired with Ekblad on the top line.

Trocheck #21 (C), Malgin #62 (C), Vatrano #77 (LW) and Matheson #19 (LD) can all skate fluidly and have tons of speed to their game.
Barkov and Huberdeau are the main attraction though, they make magic happen. Dadonov ain't no slouch either when he's ON.

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Regardless of injuries to the Pens, this is going to be a tough one.

The Pens are playing some high-level hockey despite their injuries. This is going to be another tough challenge for this squad. I think they squeeze out a win but we will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad