Pens need some mojo, here is my 2009 playoff Rap

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
When someone said they're getting tired of Macho Man Randy Savage gifs :  r/reactiongifs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I enjoyed 2016 more.
2009 was best in the sense they got revenge for the finals the previous year and a player that spurned them to join the team the Pens beat. That had the storyline. The Wings were stacked and they lost to the Pens who had Malkin dunking on their lame asses with Fedotenko and Talbot of all people.

I do enjoy how Tocchet coached them to back 2 back as well, especially the Horny and Hags moments.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
2008 and 2009 teams were so much better than anything else we saw from this team since.

True heart.

I think they showed a ton of heart most of the years as well, especially the b2b wins, but after 2017, it's like they decided to ignore everyone else and focus on Sid and Sullivan whilst bragging about the big 3 just to exploit how unique it was.

I will never understand the disrespect thrown towards Malkin given how important he is to the three cups.

Also...

2009 - Geno deserved the Smythe and won
2016 - Kessel was robbed of his, 100% deserved to win.
2017 - Sid won the Smythe, but didn't lead the Pens in pts. Malkin probably should have won it, led the Pens in pts and Sid put up 3more pts in the finals over Geno. It wasn't enough imo to get it over Geno.

Malkin led the Pens in playoff points in 2 of those 3. Kessel the other.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think they showed a ton of heart most of the years as well, especially the b2b wins, but after 2017, it's like they decided to ignore everyone else and focus on Sid and Sullivan whilst bragging about the big 3 just to exploit how unique it was.

I will never understand the disrespect thrown towards Malkin given how important he is to the three cups.

Also...

2009 - Geno deserved the Smythe and won
2016 - Kessel was robbed of his, 100% deserved to win.
2017 - Sid won the Smythe, but didn't lead the Pens in pts. Malkin probably should have won it, led the Pens in pts and Sid put up 3more pts in the finals over Geno. It wasn't enough imo to get it over Geno.

Malkin led the Pens in playoff points in 2 of those 3. Kessel the other.

Can't agree with this. There were at least 4 Penguins with a case for CS. All had compelling reasons for AND against. That was a true team effort.

Reactions: Miro4Norris

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Can't agree with this. There were at least 4 Penguins with a case for CS. All had compelling reasons for AND against. That was a true team effort.
10 goals in the playoffs that year, the next most was Horny with 9. Sid & Geno had 6 goals each. Even at even strength, that HBK line dominated - Phil had 11 EVP, Bones 14, and Hags 15.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
10 goals in the playoffs that year, the next most was Horny with 9. Sid & Geno had 6 goals each. Even at even strength, that HBK line dominated - Phil had 11 EVP, Bones 14, and Hags 15.

Yes the CS typically goes to the highest scorer, but Sid drew the toughest matchups and still produced.

Like I said, I could make a case FOR and AGAINST all 5 Pens: Geno/Sid/Phil/Murray/Letang. Hell even Bones had a case for his defensive work.

The case AGAINST Phil is that his line got the weaker competition and picked up easy points. Not saying I agree with that evidence, but it is a fact/factor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad