Post-Game Talk: Pens loss to Tampa: Vasi didnt want the shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Welcome to me since the start of the season. I think I've seen maybe 5 games this year (only 1 win) and don't even pay attention if they're playing that night or not.

That's what this organization has done to me.
Before 2019…I would never miss a game and hadn’t missed one for years. Probably since like Sid’s rookie year.

I’ve watched (I think???) 2 games this year.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Think of the last time someone put their body on the line for a loose puck on the power-play. You can’t. That’s why it’s so easy to defend.A high pressure PK beats us every single time and the entire league knows it. Our coach does nothing to change the personnel to counteract this deficiency.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The team has also reverted back to 3-5 years ago when the dmen and wingers could never get on the right page on pinches and so we gave up like 8-10 odd-man rushes every game and were losing playoff series’ because they couldn't manage the puck at the offensive blueline.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Think of the last time someone put their body on the line for a loose puck on the power-play. You can’t. That’s why it’s so easy to defend.A high pressure PK beats us every single time and the entire league knows it. Our coach does nothing to change the personnel to counteract this deficiency.
A high pressure PK also will destroy any PP that insists on passing around the perimeter for 2 minutes instead of actually generating chances in the slot/front of the net.

Nailed it. We’re well past the point of rearranging the assistant coaches. We need a complete change top to bottom, someone who isn’t going to ride GCR until they’re ice cold bc he’s out of ideas.

Everything is stale. Sacking Rierden, even if it does the PP back on track won’t change the larger picture
Replacing Reirden is like replacing a flat tire, but not bothering to fix an engine that won't start.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
A high pressure PK also will destroy any PP that insists on passing around the perimeter for 2 minutes instead of actually generating chances in the slot/front of the net.

Replacing Reirden is like replacing a flat tire, but not bothering to fix an engine that won't start.
Or replacing Fichtner with Canada?

Reactions: farscape1

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I honestly believe they’d rather the players go for a deflection than a hard, open-look shot from 25 ft out. It’s insanity. Those slap/pass/redirects are so low percentage, but theyre the primary gameplan. Just one-time the f***ing puck.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I honestly believe they’d rather the players go for a deflection than a hard, open-look shot from 25 ft out. It’s insanity. Those slap/pass/redirects are so low percentage, but theyre the primary gameplan. Just one-time the f***ing puck.
It might even make sense if we had a Kreider/JVR/Perry-type net front guy on the top unit who could successfully deflect a lot of those. But you're doomed to fail when your net front guy is about 5'5 and weighs as much as a high school cheerleader.

Or replacing Fichtner with Canada?
If this is a football/baseball reference, it went over my head because I don't closely watch either of those.

Reactions: canadianguy77

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
Worthless if the goalie see's every shot. You can bomb in a one timer only if the goalie is screened partially which is really rare considering our net front presence is Guentzel. Would it be too hard to just try Big Z for a couple of PP's? Impossible to be worst at this point.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It might even make sense if we had a Kreider/JVR/Perry-type net front guy on the top unit who could successfully deflect a lot of those. But you're doomed to fail when your net front guy is about 5'5 and weighs as much as a high school cheerleader.

If this is a football/baseball reference, it went over my head because I don't closely watch either of those.
Fichtner is a small country in Southeast Asia. Like Canada they are known for being completely not offensive to anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: NeonKnight

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
He called Dubas.
Everyone and their grandmother knew that was happening.

No one locally has any connections. Half of them didn't even know who the FSG heads were, complained they were absentee, only to find out that FSG has someone here practically all the time.

And none of them have connections to Dubas.

No one in Pittsburgh had the Reilly Smith trade. And no one had Karlsson. They speculated, sure. Worst kept secret. But Montreal getting involved or the actual parameters? All national.

Madden gets decent interviews. He knows the game. But his inside access is gone.

Think about it -- who is going to leak to Madden that they've begun tossing replacement names around? Not Dubas. Spezza has no idea who Madden is. Neither does Mpofu, Doug Wilson, or anyone else in the room. Think Amanda Kessel and Trevor Daley are leaking things to Madden? Anything they know and want to leak is going to Friedman or LeBrun, because they'll pump their tires down the road for promotions.

I'd buy Madden maybe knowing something player related, but that's it.

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Madden's like the JR of insiders. He randomly throws shit at the wall on hunches and every now and then it works out and he looks good but the other 95% of the time he's just a schmuck.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Guentzel with points in 15 of his last 16 games. He has 20 points in that stretch, despite our abysmal team play this past month.

Once we get a new coach, can we stop the Bertuzzi in, Guentzel out talk? In exchange, I'll cool it with the Jarry hate (until April at least)

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Did this team take 2 Ambien before they came onto the ice?

1 shot with the 5 on 3. What will it take for Reirden (at min) to get fired

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I'm contemplating cancelling my cable to save money. The Pens are making it an easier decision. Really the only reason I have it is to watch the Pens but I really could use the extra $100 each month.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Tampa commentators: The Penguins are fourth in chances created off the cycle.
Me: Why don't you tell your viewers where they are in actually converting those chances?

As for the game itself, turns out that previous Tampa game was a flash in the pan. Just as expected.

Reactions: Andy99

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
I'm contemplating cancelling my cable to save money. The Pens are making it an easier decision. Really the only reason I have it is to watch the Pens but I really could use the extra $100 each month.

Cancel cable, get the Disney bundle that comes with Disney, Hulu, and espn+ for like $18. Any game thats blacked out just bypass.

Reactions: Trade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad