Post-Game Talk: Pens loss to Tampa: Vasi didnt want the shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe.

Except that we have seen this same thing, especially on the power play, literally for well over a decade.

In the end the main blame on thr star players who have made many of the same mistakes for years. Such as too often looking for the highlight reel pass or goal rather than working as a unit.
Yeah probably…and? They all have NMCs and aren’t going anywhere and you can bench them but the other plodders on the team have no hands and can’t score so that won’t be an improvement…the only quick fix we can do is fire the coach…it’s helped a lot of other teams with good analytics but poor results, like EDM, Minn …Rangers and Caps changed coaches over the summer and they’re improved and better than the Pens…only realistic change is firing the coach

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah probably…and? They all have NMCs and aren’t going anywhere and you can bench them but the other plodders on the team have no hands and can’t score so that won’t be an improvement…the only quick fix we can do is fire the coach…it’s helped a lot of other teams with good analytics but poor results, like EDM, Minn …Rangers and Caps changed coaches over the summer and they’re improved and better than the Pens…only realistic change is firing the coach
And then?

If the players can't and won't change a new coach isn't going to fix it.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The issue with "it might be the players" is that you don't know until you fire the coach that should've been fired in 2020.

I think it's a mix of both, but again, you can fire a coach instantly. If you end up with a Johnston, what changes? The team's a non-contender now and won't be for another like 15 years unless they luck into another generational talent to build around. There should be zero hesitation to fire Sullivan and his coaching staff. None whatsoever, imo.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Crosby: "Any time we felt like we got a little momentum either we're in the box or they scored. We've still got to find a way. We were down 2-0 last time we were here and climbed back into it. We've got to find a way to get that next one and get back in the game." Boilerplate Golden Boy

What do you want him to say. He's always been like this. The most "controversial" thing he has ever said on camera is that he doesn't like anyone on the Flyers

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Even if we fire the coach…
What kind of realistic improvements can we make to the roster?

I think our D is fine, and with POJ expendable as trade bait. Question is what could we realistically get for him (considering salary cap issues).

Also would it make sense to get Cory Perry? He may help our 4th line identity and be a cheap legit front net guy on the PP.

I haven’t watched him this/last season..,
Was he being used as front net at all?

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Something More than That Same Old Bullshit Boilerplate

For example?

Also a lot of us say the same thing about Sullivan, he regurgitates the same stuff. Thing is, at least Sid performs on the ice, he is still by far our most important and valuable player.

Sid was always Sid no matter the coach we had, he was always going to be a hall of famer. Where as Sully only became known as a good coach once he got behind the bench of legendary players like Sid and Malkin. Thats a big reason why the core is more important the Sullivan.

The core was always going to be great no matter what. Sully, i'm not so sure about

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
For example?

Also a lot of us say the same thing about Sullivan, he regurgitates the same stuff. Thing is, at least Sid performs on the ice, he is still by far our most important and valuable player.

Sid was always Sid no matter the coach we had, he was always going to be a hall of famer. Where as Sully only became known as a good coach once he got behind the bench of legendary players like Sid and Malkin. Thats a big reason why the core is more important the Sullivan.

The core was always going to be great no matter what. Sully, i'm not so sure about

Quoting my edit here so it hits

How about as The Captain Tear into the teams play ?

He might actually do that behind closed doors. We don't know. You will never see Sid do that to the media, he doesn't care about that.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The issue with "it might be the players" is that you don't know until you fire the coach that should've been fired in 2020.

I think it's a mix of both, but again, you can fire a coach instantly. If you end up with a Johnston, what changes? The team's a non-contender now and won't be for another like 15 years unless they luck into another generational talent to build around. There should be zero hesitation to fire Sullivan and his coaching staff. None whatsoever, imo.
But what about the people with court ordered anger management classes and Sullivan jerseys who can only find pleasure thinking about benching the stars? Bet you didn’t think of them did you, smart guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad