GDT: Pens/Jets Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Great kill. Glad they battled hard in front of Maf. Maf deserves a chance to get us another point in the shootout with how well he's played.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I just feel it's a bit short sighted to complain about the PP. I get that it's 0-5 tonight, but it's a little early to be demanding changing the personnel as it is the driving factor of our success to this point of the season

It might be early but it's not short sighted, they could convert at a 50% pace and it wouldn't matter if they aren't executing in a way that is conducive to scoring when it matters, mainly games like this where you're relying on the PP to win games as you said and you're constantly outworked or forcing boneheaded turnovers, or even worse in the playoffs, where the past 2 eliminations had that top ranked powerplay fail over and over again against the bruins and rangers.

This is probably just an off night for them, but if it's not, and it's an actual weakness smart coaching can take advantage of, like pressuring Crosby and forcing Letang to beat you, then this struggle will show up again, as it has in the playoffs the past two years, and probably will again when they can least afford it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
mortal_kombat_finish_him.png

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Oh did you also say that for the last 5 years? :laugh:

This team just loses their mind when the game gets gritty, tough, and passionate. The classic individuals who have done it over and over again are at it tonight. Just dumb decision making.

No I did not. But I'm starting to believe a lot of people here have Alzheimers. Everyone says they don't care about the regular season and that they know there will be growing pains with a new coach and system and yet every GDT for a sub par game so far has turned into gigantic **** show. It's a bad game. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad