Pens Jersey Question

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I tried calling NHL.com and the lady there couldn't answer my question so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer...

I'm looking at getting a new Sidney Crosby jersey. Now I've seen these ones in stores: http://www.nhlshop.ca/Pittsburgh_Pe...Crosby_adidas_Black_Authentic_Player_-_Jersey

The problem with these is the 87's and the "C" aren't two separate layers of twill (like the ones they actually wear on the ice) but they're 1 layer of twill painted 2 colours (gold with white outline).

If I order one of these: http://www.nhlshop.ca/Pittsburgh_Pe...ns_adidas_Black_Authentic_Pro_-_Custom_Jersey

And choose "Crosby 87" will this be like the authentic jerseys they wear on the ice where the 87s and "C" will be 2 layers of twill sewn together?

I want authentic. Thanks.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Wow. They seem to have cut corners on the premier 'authentic' jerseys under Adidas rather than Reebok/RBK branding. Pretty sure Reebok authentic was legit patching and stitching everywhere and with stuff like fight straps.

The product description on the custom vs premier reads exactly the same. I am going to assume they just iron on a C/A also.

So lame!

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Icejerseys appears to have exactly the same inventory as NHLstore. :/

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I tried calling NHL.com and the lady there couldn't answer my question so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer...

I'm looking at getting a new Sidney Crosby jersey. Now I've seen these ones in stores: http://www.nhlshop.ca/Pittsburgh_Pe...Crosby_adidas_Black_Authentic_Player_-_Jersey

The problem with these is the 87's and the "C" aren't two separate layers of twill (like the ones they actually wear on the ice) but they're 1 layer of twill painted 2 colours (gold with white outline).

If I order one of these: http://www.nhlshop.ca/Pittsburgh_Pe...ns_adidas_Black_Authentic_Pro_-_Custom_Jersey

And choose "Crosby 87" will this be like the authentic jerseys they wear on the ice where the 87s and "C" will be 2 layers of twill sewn together?

I want authentic. Thanks.

True authentic Penguins sweaters have 5 layers.

1. twill
2. Tears of fleury fans
3. crusty napkin from the sullivan circle jerk
4. JR's take out menu
5. twill.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I found the solution: Official NHL licensed Adidas, Reebok hockey jerseys, CCM vintage, Nike

Hockey Authentic does all their own twill appliqué and they're actually CHEAPER than NHL.com! They're based in Vancouver. I've watched some of their videos, they do high-end stuff. :)

Nice. The fact they carry legit C and A patches for purchase and pics show real name plates etc says it all. They LOOK better than other jersey pics in other online shops. Fingers crossed for ya.

Glad you found a source. Of course Crosby is sold out...ugh...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nice. The fact they carry legit C and A patches for purchase and pics show real name plates etc says it all. They LOOK better than other jersey pics in other online shops. Fingers crossed for ya.

Glad you found a source. Of course Crosby is sold out...ugh...

I want to get a Casey DeSmith jersey.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
For authentic lettering you can order through IceJerseys, CoolHockey, Hockey Authentic, or buy a blank and send it to EPS or Pro Knitwear (who actually does the lettering for Penguins game-issued jerseys)

It's disgusting that Adidas has the audacity to call their best jersey model "authentic". There is nothing authentic about them

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Reactions: EightyOne

Slick Arnold

Sponsor
Oct 4, 2005
Anyone have a '15-'17 era home Edge they'd be willing to sell? Will pay market which is lucrative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad