Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Islanders (Friday March 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Nabby gets the nod.. Finley in for Hickey and the forward lines will remain the same.

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/315111483430301697

wonderful. Hickey's been one of the best defensemen on the team this season (that in itself is a gigantic statement of affairs) and we're moving him out so Crosby can salivate/drool as he skates circles around Finley.

And of course, why change the forward lines when they are working so well?!

Seeing the status quo is sickening and embarrassing. Even more than the losing.

:banghead:

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! ....and we sure as hell won't give up now. We will win tonight because we have absolutely no reason too.

I'm amazed at the number of people that didn't get your reference. Must be a generational thing.

The Islanders will probably win tonight, thrust themselves back in the playoff picture. Get us all excited, only to collapse again.

Sound familiar?

Let's just win the games against the Rangers and Penguins. Keep the Rangers out of the playoffs and get a good low draft pick. No use torturing ourselves.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
wonderful. Hickey's been one of the best defensemen on the team this season (that in itself is a gigantic statement of affairs) and we're moving him out so Crosby can salivate/drool as he skates circles around Finley.

And of course, why change the forward lines when they are working so well?!

Seeing the status quo is sickening and embarrassing. Even more than the losing.

:banghead:
I wouldn't go as fair as to say Hickey's been one of the best defenseman on the team. He's been a capable replacement. Finely is not an upgrade but in a lineup that is void of hittting it might be refreshing change. I'm sure Crosby is not going to be drooling any less at the thought of skating around Hickey.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Crosby & Neil will get a few lucky breaks.....

The Puck has never been the same since his best bud Gretzky retired. I feel bad for him actually. Cappy tries to hard to win him over. But he is just not that into him and ever since that fight on the bench when the Puck gave him a black eye he blames him for everything. They just need to work it out.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I'm not optomistic on this teams chances.. But just look at the standings a win tonight and they're 1 point out of 8, 3 out of 7 I'm sure it impacts it a little bit.

I know it's all fire and brimstone here but before the season I woulda signed up in a damn second to be playing to only be 1 point out of the 8th seed.

I agree. But for me it's not that they are losing, it's how they're losing and that they've been losing for so long without any real effort to get better.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Wow. I guess reading stories to my kids and getting them to bed, and then watching the game on delay sounds like a pretty good plan. Cheaper too. Don't have to worry about flaccid french fries.

Maybe I'll go crazy and leave the scores display on on Gamecenter. That way if we're 4-1 down in the 2nd, I'll just skip it and watch 'Life of Pi' with the wifey. Someone oughta be happy. (Note: I draw the line at Les Miserables.)

Cheers,

Dan-o

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
Same lines, back to back games, Pittsburgh. All the ingredients for a blowout loss.

What went wrong coach Crappy?

"It was da bounces and da effaht and da battle level and da play hahhhhd."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad