Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Islanders (Friday March 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Might as well mail it in. These players don't have the urgency to win.

Or they just aren't that good and lost to a better team.

With Pittsburgh playing the best hockey in the league right now they'll probably lose, but just watch if they some how pull this out they'll still go in to the weekend 1 point behind the 8th spot.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Last two games have been such a let down. I can't even get excited for this one. Just gonna get hammered in Manhattan instead of watching this sure-fire train wreck.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Why did I buy tickets for tonight's game? What the hell is wrong with me? :help:

aaaaaaaaaand i asked myself the same question. BUT, we wouldnt be here after all these years if we just gave up when things got bad...bc theyve been bad for decades(with a few decent seasons mixed in). I got them bc my mum hasnt been to a game in 2 years so i figured, oh points in 7 of 8, ill go friday and see sid and the pens. *sigh*

At least the team shouldnt be too tired. Theyve only played 80 minutes this week.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Because of the last 2 loses I'm not sure if a win tonight really impacts anything. The Isles need to go on a win streak to make this game "count".

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Because of the last 2 loses I'm not sure if a win tonight really impacts anything. The Isles need to go on a win streak to make this game "count".

I'm not optomistic on this teams chances.. But just look at the standings a win tonight and they're 1 point out of 8, 3 out of 7 I'm sure it impacts it a little bit.

I know it's all fire and brimstone here but before the season I woulda signed up in a damn second to be playing to only be 1 point out of the 8th seed.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
:shakehead Finley in to play against an incredibly fast team...for the much quicker Hickey. So our last pair will be the dynamic duo of Carkner and Finley? Boy better hope that none of the top 4 get a penalty or worse and these two are on the ice against Crosby or Neal or Geno(if hes back)

It's almost as if Capuano has never watched a hockey game.

I wonder if we have won a single game all year when Finley & Carkner have both played.

Last edited:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
:shakehead Finley in to play against an incredibly fast team...for the much quicker Hickey. So our last pair will be the dynamic duo of Carkner and Finley? Boy better hope that none of the top 4 get a penalty or worse and these two are on the ice against Crosby or Neal or Geno(if hes back)

Word for word that's exactly what I thought when I read the tweet.. Not to mention Grabs remaining on the fourth line.. More brilliance from Cappy

Last edited:

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! ....and we sure as hell won't give up now. We will win tonight because we have absolutely no reason too.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! ....and we sure as hell won't give up now. We will win tonight because we have absolutely no reason too.

Wasnt it the Japanese in Pearl Harbour?

I think cappy is thinking about size against Pitt. Dont matter Finley and Hickey are both over matched tonight. Welcome to the Crosby show....

slovakfan*

we don't gave up to Germans, because it was Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad