Post-Game Talk: :) Pens - :) :) :) Flyers - :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
According to Bylsma's own stats, we actually won the game 7-3. Adams had a hat trick, Glass blocked 40 shots, and Despres was on the ice for all 3 Flyers goals.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Pens keep their own stats so I think this ended up a win due to the two imaginary goals they scored in the last minute.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Lost a one goal game because of a shorthanded goal given up with Engelland on the ice.

Fire Bylsma.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Well Orpik scored a goal, so that at least means the Flyers are going nowhere this spring.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Like I said in the GDT, the real issue with this back to back series is we could've knocked the Flyers out of playoff contention. Instead we didn't come to play until the second period of the second game.

Half + for Gibbons, he looked decent out there, except he is physically mauled by everyone.

Full + for Megna, why wasn't he on that last PP opportunity?

+ Malkin

- Crosby
- Maatta
- Nisky
- etc.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
23289773.jpg

Great game guys! Awesome effort! Love it!

Anyways.

Like I said in the GDT, I think it's absolutley amazing how they never ever learn against the Flyers. Don't play with such a ******* emotion, don't let them get underneath the skin. Yet it is what they do, and the wheels fall off the whole team.

Love it that Megna scored a goal, i missed the first period though so I don't know how Fleury was.

Maybe it's just time that we start lower the expectations on this team. We've all been buying into the whole cup favourite thing and all of that, but that's just not the team that we have infront of us. We have some great players, we have some good and we have some that kinda just suck. I for one have been forced to follow the pens somewhat spordadicly and I have to say that it's not that big of a deal to woof it out like this. Or to not win the cup in back to back years and all of that. Our expectations are high, the team expectations of them selves is probably sky high. Maybe we should just bring it down a notch, step of the holy mighty high horse and realize that anything can happen in the playoffs and that whatever happends is a result of the effort put into to it. That nothing will be given to them. They have bent and broken in two playoffs series since 09. 2010 where everything when to shambles and 2012 where, surprise surprise, the flyers got underneath their skin. I'm not counting a series against one of the ECF finalist nor a ECF appearance as a faliure. It's fun and great when things go our way, but since the cup I swear it's like the team is expecting the cup to just be handed to them. Such a narcissistic team (and we the fanbase)
It's time to find the roots to it all again. Starting somewhere.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
ES: Pens 3-1

PK: Flyers 2-0

PP: Flyers 1-0

What I learned today . . .

1. Pens have the best special teams in hockey.

2. This isn't the game to point the finger at coaching.

EDIT: Nope, not even for Vitale being benched for a shift for Adams to play with Geno and JJ, not on the coaching at all.

The Big Dawg*

Megna will be sent down to WBS before our next game, Because Bylstard can't have him stealing Gladams's spotlight. :shakehead

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Bylsma literally lets Craig Berube outsmart him and match Couterier up against Crosby

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jussi Jokinen is back to playing bad hockey. I do hope that he plays his way out of it, or, more precisely, has a fortuitously timed hot streak, because he's going to be attached to Malkin's hip in the playoffs no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad