Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Flames: Classic Sully Pens

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Congrats Gruden on his 1st NHL goal. Dubas and the Fenway Sports Club love Mike Sullivan and they can have him. Another two goal lead gone AGAIN!!!! I have three more words.
1709444903450.png

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
- Letang with the worst single game performance in years.

- Reirden still committed to sabotaging the powerplay and Malkins dwindling career.

- Dubas wasted an entire season after bringing in Karlsson and doing absolutely nothing about the clear as day problems this team has had since October.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I always root for them to win but maybe a loss like this before the deadline isn't the worst thing. I don't want Dubas to get deluded into thinking this team can make the playoffs.

This loss is crushing because they'll almost certainly lose tomorrow in a b2b against Edmonton and 3 losses on this trip = gg season.

I mean the season was probably already over but this is just twisting the knife in such a way that even the Doobler can't ignore it

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The kinda fanbase that will chant to fire the GM but not the coach?
the kind of fanbase that will chant to fire matt canada, but not mike sullivan. it is what it is, there's not really a standard to hold anyone to, and the media will absolutely never say a negative word about mike sullivan. fire hextall was a media lead initiative. you will get more about mike tomlin, as funny as it is

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
the kind of fanbase that will chant to fire matt canada, but not mike sullivan. it is what it is, there's not really a standard to hold anyone to, and the media will absolutely never say a negative word about mike sullivan. you will get more about mike tomlin, as funny as it is

They chanted to fire Hextall too. What do you think holds them back from Sully?

Sullivan said he's going to coach him to be better...he's now better coached.
Pain

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Mike Sullivan is revered for some reason even though he's just a guy whose ideas peaked 6-8 years ago.

He says leadershippy things in a strong voice and had early success. That's Teflon I guess.
I honestly don't understand it. Why do the "casuals" love him so much? Do they not actually form their own opinions by watching him and just rely on the local reporters/television talking heads to tell them he's awesome?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad