Pens Fan: Update on Lovejoy

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He's been great since coming to Anaheim, become a real solid part of our 7 d-men rotation. Plays a little on the PP and PK, but mostly at ES.

He just seems to do everything that is needed of a 5-6 D-man really, can't ask for more then that.

Jul 22, 2012
Pleasant surprise for me. He's actually really good down low, which surprised me. He wasn't great in our last game in Phoenix but other than that he's been good.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I've gotta say, he's proven me wrong. I thought he was a bad #7. But as other said, he's actually holding his own as a 5/6. He started out rough (after a good initial game), but he's really settled in since.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm not a huge fan - he started out well but hasn't been as good the past few games. He's a decent #6-7 - nothing more. One thing he has going for him is that he's the only RHS on our blueline.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
good/great. especially when paired with allen. was bad last game but if he has 1 bad games out of every 7 or 8 idc lol

eenok*

what is it to be so surprised over huh?

man is fast an smart an has at least ok pucktouch an reads game at least in ok level. so what is problem at pittsburgs??? maybe coach..maybe

clearly MUCH BETTER for anaheim than say sbisa, lydman. NO SURPRISE!!!

EENOK.Hockeyprofessor,IL,Finland

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
what is it to be so surprised over huh?

man is fast an smart an has at least ok pucktouch an reads game at least in ok level. so what is problem at pittsburgs??? maybe coach..maybe

clearly MUCH BETTER for anaheim than say sbisa, lydman. NO SURPRISE!!!

EENOK.Hockeyprofessor,IL,Finland

:handclap:

:shakehead

Corey Perry*

He's been a great pickup. It's nice to have a third pairing guy who can actually skate for a change.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I don't like his offensive instincts... he shoots the puck on the net with no traffic and his slap/wrist shot are very weak and generate few rebounds/scoring chances.

I love his transition game though and he makes very few defensive mistakes. I think he's an ideal #6/7 defenseman and is great luxury in the shortened season... I love how BB is alternating the defense man out for rest.

I think he's a great compliment to Bryan Allen on our 3rd pairing... muscle w/ PMD.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
I don't like his offensive instincts... he shoots the puck on the net with no traffic and his slap/wrist shot are very weak and generate few rebounds/scoring chances.

I've actually seen a few quality rebounds... considering his minutes that's more than enough for me. And I'd say the fact that he puts the puck on net is more of an asset than anything... I'll always take a shot on goal over trying to make a cute pass or turning it over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad