Post-Game Talk: Pens Devs (04/09/21)

Stars of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
They called phantom trips on NJ while ignoring blatant headshots by Pens.

Question to all... are calls like this reported to the league? Cant the team send “tapes” in to the league and ask for an explanation or have refs be punished if it’s that bad?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How many of these weird bounce, no calls, and vet teams capitalizing games has this team lost this season?

sharangovich is a 30 goal scorer on Hughes line, easy.

I was going to complain about the bounces but then we got our last 2 on lucky bounces as well. This was a combination of shitty refs with our penalty kill being awful and not being able to bail us out of the bad calls

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Sal should be an option as well for breaking things down from home on Covid protocol

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Only watched till Pitt made it 2-1, I'll try to watch the rest tomorrow, but checking the stats, I find it interesting that Lindy matched the Hughes line up against the Crosby line. Have to figure without Zajac that they would have to get some time, but 6.5 minutes against their top line. Zacha saw the 2nd most time against Crosby at 3.5 mins. McLeod was just under 3.

Camille the Eel

I was going to complain about the bounces but then we got our last 2 on lucky bounces as well. This was a combination of shitty refs with our penalty kill being awful and not being able to bail us out of the bad calls
We were very bad at clearing out in front of our net. We’ve been increasingly bad at it in recent games. Blackwood actually played great while giving up 5. That shows how many nuclear chances we exposed him too. But it was a very entertaining game actually. The teams were trading chances all night. All of our lines generated real offense and that was good to see.

Camille the Eel

Smith had a tough game on the defensive end. He’s had a few lately. Playing him with Vatanen also isn’t doing him any favors. But these are growing pains.

We were better in front of our net earlier in the season but are generating more chances now and playing more wide open.

I would hate to see how weak we’d be in front without Kulikov. Nice hit he put on someone last night.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Smith had a tough game on the defensive end. He’s had a few lately. Playing him with Vatanen also isn’t doing him any favors. But these are growing pains.

We were better in front of our net earlier in the season but are generating more chances now and playing more wide open.

I would hate to see how weak we’d be in front without Kulikov. Nice hit he put on someone last night.

When he is playing with someone younger he seems to feel ok doing his thing but when he's paired with a vet he seems to feel he has to play differently and it throws off his intuition or natural positioning.

He makes these crazy quick/slick plays on the boards with the puck to protect from the attacker and escape pressure like a 10 year vet but then makes bone headed quick passes into traffic like he's trying to back out of the play to be "safe". Overall he's got an A grade from me on the season regardless but I wish he trusted his decisions more and wasn't playing like he's trying not to screw up and get on the coaches bad side.

His instincts seem great, just execution shaky once he makes a mistake. Confidence lets him shine. Just ask the Spokane Chiefs.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Enjoyed the game quite a bit because I thought the young guys did really well. Some bad breaks and terrible refereeing aside, it was a very entertaining game.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
This was the 1st game since the team first started on a tear that I really enjoyed. I am more than happy to watch this hockey, win or lose. It was fast and there was effort. They are a better team today than they were last week in my opinion.

We also have a lot to look forward to next year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please trade/wave Vats!

Talk about anchors..
Once again, this is why I’m hesitant to sign Kulikov to some 2-3 year deal like quite a few people have called for. We saw how quickly Vatanen fell apart and he isn’t even 30 yet.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Once again, this is why I’m hesitant to sign Kulikov to some 2-3 year deal like quite a few people have called for. We saw how quickly Vatanen fell apart and he isn’t even 30 yet.

For me it’s that and the young guys we have in the system. 3 years would be off the table for me because I think we will be seeing at least 2 of them ready for the NHL in 1-2 more years in Vukojevic, Bahl, Okhotiuk and Muk (All 4 play LD). 1 year would be a good stop gap and 2 years I could be talked into.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad